Extract MPEG2 (chapters to single files) from authored DVD (on HD dir)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kamac
    • Feb 2004

Extract MPEG2 (chapters to single files) from authored DVD (on HD dir)

Hello! Here's a desription of my problem:

I have authored a DVD with more music videos that are actually chapters on a single track (I used TMPGEnc DVD Author to do it) with a nice selection menu to select each video.
    The authored DVD (ifo and vob files) is saved in a HD Directory (not on DVD)

As source I had one MPEG2 (MPEG audio and MPEG2 video multiplexed) file for each video (made with TMPGEnc).

I deleted the source MPEG files. Now I'd like to Re-Author the DVD so that I'd add some more videos, delete some, re-arrange their order and change menu.

To be able to do that, I need to EXTRACT all the chapters from authored dvd into separate mpeg2 files. WHAT IS THE EASIEST WAY TO DO IT?

Only way I found to do this is to burn the DVD on the DVD+RW media and use Ulead Ulead DVD MovieFactory v3.0 in "EDIT DISC" mode. Ulead then copies the dvd to temporary dir exactly the way i want (separate mpeg2 files for each chapter).
    BUT I don't like having to write authored DVD to DVD+RW media just for then reading it back...

There must be a better sollution. Please Help.

I tried different ripping tools, but most of them wants to work directly on DVD and not on HD directory. And many also want to RECOMPRESS to mpeg2 while I don't want to recompress, just extract mpeg2 that is multiplexed into vobs.
    Last edited by kamac; 18 Feb 2004, 10:43 PM.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"I deleted the source MPEG files. Now I'd like to Re-Author the DVD so that I'd add some more videos, delete some, re-arrange their order and change menu."

With a little creative thinking on your part, you should be able to accomplish all of this using ONLY TMPGEnc DVD Author...

Comment

• kamac
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by setarip
      With a little creative thinking on your part, you should be able to accomplish all of this using ONLY TMPGEnc DVD Author... [/B]
      Could You give me a hint?

I haven't been able to do it. I know You can import a track from already made dvd for reauthoring, and chapters stay there, too, BUT the imported "clip" is seen on the "source setup" tab only as one file - not a separate picture for every chapter (like it was when i was creating the DVD from mpeg files).

So rearanging the order of chapters and inserting some new is not easly done, or am I missing something?

Comment

• kamac
        • Feb 2004

Hello setarip,

could You please let me know what You had in mind?

Thanx

Comment

• wrecked4
          • Apr 2002

in TMPGEnc DVD Author use edit clip and/or add new track (which can be the same file.) play with that, sorry i can't go in detail right now b/c i'm not home.

you can always demux the vob's by cells with vobedit (that is if each chapter has it's own cell) and import each one into TMPGEnc DVD Author.

or if you don't know how to do all this open the dvd folder with dvdshrink use no compression edit the chapters with "Start/End" this should put each chapter you edited into it's own title set then import them back into TMPGEnc.

im out.

Comment

Working...