Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davidra
    • Jan 2004

TMPEG Author menu issues

Here's what I want for a video mix disk: Main menu, multiple video clips, chapter jump to next clip, pressing menu button on remote takes you back to main menu. The problem: My video clips have different sound, or differ in resolution or aspect ratio, in some way so that they can't be put in one track together, but can be put in a different track in the same DVD. Then you have two (or more) tracks, each with similar clips, but each needs a separate menu (track menu). In that case, I am having trouble switching chapters with the chapter button on my DVD player. Another possibility is putting each clip on a different track, but in that case the menu button doesn't take you back to the menu, while the chapter button switches between the chapters fine. I've tried several different settings in the "menu display settings" but can't figure out how to set it so I get what I want. Any suggestions? Or is this just not possible?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"Then you have two (or more) tracks, each with similar clips, but each needs a separate menu (track menu). In that case, I am having trouble switching chapters with the chapter button on my DVD player."

I believe you're confusing the word "chapter" with "TITLE". Each new "track" is a "TITLE". You can create "chapters" within each "TITLE". You can access any "chapter" within a "TITLE" with your remote control. You can access any "TITLE" by clicking on the "Menu" button and then clicking on the onscreen "backarrow" to get back to the main menu...

Comment

• davidra
      • Jan 2004

OK....so then having one menu, with multiple clips, and being able to skip to the next clip by using the chapter button won't work unless the clips have exactly the same format? I realize this is a little confusing...at least for me....

Comment

Working...