Chapters, Short films compilation, using DVD-Lab?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rylleman
    • Apr 2004

Chapters, Short films compilation, using DVD-Lab?

I've authored a compilation of short films using DVD-Lab but I can't get the Chapter function to work.
    I simply want the DVDplayer to skip to the next short when the Next button is pressed...
    I've tried everything, added chapter points in the beginning of each short film, linked so that the shorts play one after the other and so on...
    It seems like I can only go between chapter point within each short film but not to the next film.
    This should be a simple enough task but how do I get it to work with DVD-Lab?
  • megamachine
    Video Fiddler
    • Mar 2003

I've authored several DVDs with DVD Lab and never noticed this, but I use them mostly for PC playback. For the ones I authored, while the DVD is playing on the PC, in the Go To menu I can select any Title and Chapter, but haven't tried this on any stand alone players. Does this work for you on a PC player like PowerDVD? That would at least narrow the problem down to whether it is with DVD Lab or with the playback on your stand alone player.

Comment

• rylleman
      • Apr 2004

It's like this in all players, PowerDVD, WinDVD and my standalone player...
      The compilation consists of about 20 different mpegs.
      I tried to add several chapter points to one shortfilm and I can navigate between those with the prev. and next buttons but I can't change to the next film with those buttons.
      Everything else works just great, I can play all shorts though my menu, it's just that prev./next that doesn't work.

Comment

• megamachine
        Video Fiddler
        • Mar 2003

Hmm, I don't have the DVDs I did handy, but will check them and see I can figure out what the problem might be. As I recall, if I right click on the PC screen while the DVD is playing, in the menu that appears there is a Go To selection, and hovering over that I can see the 8 titles (in my case 8 short MPG films) and then next to them there are the 6 chapters in each. Yours doesn't do that? Or is that not the problem that you are describing? The only other thing I can think of is that Previous and Next might only work with either Titles or Chapters, but not with both. I can't recall which.

Comment

• rylleman
          • Apr 2004

I've got 24 titles in the Go To menu, no chapters (removed them because they didn't seem to do any good).
          I can move between the films with this menu but the thing I try to get working is the prev. and next buttons.
          Could you try and navigate your 8 shorts DVD with the prev. and next buttons to see if it works for you?
          It might be that prev./next doesn't work with titles, I'll try and put all short films in one movie.

::edit::
          couldn't put several mpegs in one movie...

Comment

• megamachine
            Video Fiddler
            • Mar 2003

Sure, I'll try it out in the next few days. I'm not home now. But you got me curious. When you say Previous/Next buttons, do you mean on the remote for the stand alone player? DVDLab is surprisingly complex and versatile, and I haven't tried out all its features, so I wonder if any one else has any advice on this, too.

Comment

• rylleman
              • Apr 2004

I mean on both the standalone and powerDVD. In powerDVD you got them to the right of the play button, Next (N) and Previous (P).
              I've looked through the help files for DVD-lab and browsed some forums but I can't find anything on this subject.

Comment

• megamachine
                Video Fiddler
                • Mar 2003

Finally got around to testing a DVD I made with DVDLab. As noted above, it consists of 8 titles, each half an hour, with 6 chapters in each title. The Previous and Next buttons, on both the software and standalone players, work to change chapters within each title. To get to another title, I go back to the title menu. That's the way it turned out for me, although I can't profess to having used all the features of DVDLab, so there might be other options.

Comment

Working...