Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ranger One
    • Sep 2003

DVD Chapter ripping Authoring problems

Goal: To create my own concert mix music dvd's by ripping certain songs from different dvd's & then author with TMPGENC Dvd Author.

Have tried both Smartripper & Dvd Decrypter to rip the individual chapters. I then follow this guide: http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/120021.php using Vobedit & Ifoedit.

I have 6 songs (chapters) from two different dvd's I ripped from. Following the instructions from the guide I ended up with 4 vob files with a total of 30 chapters.

When opening the VIDEO_TS folder with DVD Author I get messages regarding incorrect GOPs.

I have 6 songs > I would like 6 chapters!

What am I missing? Is it settings in Smartripper or Dvd Decrypter? ( uncheck cells?)
    Or do I need to use different settings in Vobedit &/or Ifoedit?
    I did change in Ifoedit to "create chapter for 1st cell only for each PGC" which then resulted in 1 chapter instead of 30. Dvd Author complained again about incorrect Gop's.

Any help will be appreciated!!

Thank's.
    Understanding Is A Three Edged Sword!
  • wildaces
    • Apr 2004

My technique may be a little bit harder and longer to do but it should work.

1) Join and re-encode the VOB file back into DVD mpeg format

2) You may wanna join all videos into one single video or 6 different videos- your choice-I preferer one video

3) I will use Ulead DVD Workshop to author and create my final DVD movie- DVD Workshop is able to create chapter points of your very own choosing.So you are able to create chapters in the beginning of every song. If you have six songs then you will have 6 chapters.

Comment

Working...