Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kfir
    • Apr 2004

DVD Workshop problem?

Hi, this is my 1st time here.... here we go with newbie questions about authoring... I tried found some info before post, I was able to solved some, but unsolved ones remain... a little background:

I am re-authoring a DVD I bought from amazon.com and as it doesn't had subtitles I began the task to translate the closed-caption and generate a subtitle stream. After read here and there, I gotta how to convert closed-caption to subtitle file, and after translate everything was the time to re-author the new DVD with portuguese subtitle (I am in Brazil, sorry for my english).

I am using Ulead DVD Workshop 2. I have used VobEdit to demux the m2v and ac3 (I got 2 ac3 2ch and 6ch) files because if I simply try to import from the UDW directly it generates separated mpg files and was need to me to slit the subtitles in a lot of files because the UDW is unable, or I was unable to know how to, span that subtitles throughout the movie, UDW retains the subtitle only to the 1st part of the movie

But, for now it ok, after have in hands the demuxed files, made the subtitle translation, I noticed some problem:

1. If I use the 6ch ac3 file the sound gets out of sync, no way what I do it cannot get synchronized. If I use the 2ch ac3 file the sound runs perfectly
    2. The m2v file plays smothly with any other software, but with UDW it flicks from scenes and seems to loose some frames - I also noticed that playing the m2v preview video consumes a lot of resources with UDW

I burned a DVD-RW to test thinking that maybe the problem was simply with UDW preview, but after play that in my dvdplayer the efect was the same... skipping frames (maybe only one per second but very perceptible) and sound out of sync with 6ch audio selected

The question is: what can be done? Does the Ulead dont like m2v file?

Info about the movie:

Lenght: 50 min
    Mpeg file: : NTSC 29,9 fps / bitrate: +-7000

In Ulead I started the project from the normal template (60 min high quality).

Any clue?
Working...