Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DarthJango
    • Jan 2002

Question about a DVD burner

I have abunch of movie that I have downloaded that are in AVI format. I have been looking on eBay for a decent priced DVD burner. I just want to know if a PANASONIC DVD RAM BURNER RECORDER would do the job. I want to be able to watch the movies I have downloaded on my stand alone DVD player. Thanks
  • levendis
    • Jan 2002

Just make sure that it's a DVD-R burner as well, and not just DVD-RAM. I have a Panasonic LF-D310 that is both and it works fine... I believe this is the one you mean, but be sure before you buy it.
    Also, make sure that your standalone reliably plays DVD-Rs. This is just as important. Check the comments for it on Vcdhelp.com.

Comment

• Googlioboy
      • Feb 2002

[QUOTE]Originally posted by levendis

Also, make sure that your standalone reliably plays DVD-Rs. This is just as important. Check the comments for it on Vcdhelp.com.

I don't think that is as true as it used to be. The Pioneer DVD-R media I used in the past won't play on all my dvd players (Pioneer DV-434, RCA portable and Panasonic portable) but the DVD-R media I got from www.cd-recordable.com play in all three, even though the manuals for the latter two say they will not play DVD-R's. Cool, huh?

Comment

• levendis
        • Jan 2002

Originally posted by Googlioboy
        I don't think that is as true as it used to be. The Pioneer DVD-R media I used in the past won't play on all my dvd players (Pioneer DV-434, RCA portable and Panasonic portable) but the DVD-R media I got from www.cd-recordable.com play in all three, even though the manuals for the latter two say they will not play DVD-R's. Cool, huh? [/B]

Very cool. Is it just their house brand? The DVDs I made at first wouldn't play on my roommate's Sony DVP-NS300, even though it was supposed to be able to play DVD-Rs. I got tired of trying different brands of discs, and just got a player that could play anything.

In anyone's experience, what's the most reliable brand of disc? I've asked this before, but I don't think I got any replies. I'd love to find a brand that'll work on just about any player.

Comment

• omarh
          • Nov 2001

hmm,
          well i haven't noticed any difference when using the pioneer brand or the meritline brand. the only problems i have are when i write disks past the 3.95 gig "barrier"...my sony set top player has serious problems playing disks that have more than 3.95 gigs on them!

Comment

Working...