TMPG Enc Author 1.5 & ac3 encoder plug-in?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danny-p
    • Jun 2004

TMPG Enc Author 1.5 & ac3 encoder plug-in?

Hi all,
    I'm having a problem with my newly installed TMPG Enc Author 1.5 with AC3 pack and after hitting BEGIN OUTPUT after i've finished making my dvds menu's etc it wont let me open the WRITE DVD FOLDER TO DVD R /RW after the 2 hrs+ file has finished being created

Basically after the dvd file has finished being created (some 2 hrs+ on my pc) i then try and open the WRITE DVD FOLDER TO DVD R /RW so that i can burn it to blank dvd disk and the following message pops up:-

ERROR STARTING PROGRAM (HEADING) A REQUIRED .DLL FILE,PSAPI.DLL WAS NOT FOUND
    Can anyone please help?
    Thanks
    Danny-p

Did you purchase the "AC3 Pack" and "TMPGEnc DVD Author", or did you obtain them by "some other means"?

If by "some other means", you may also discover that you've now got a virus on your system...

Comment

• Danny-p
      • Jun 2004

No i have just bought them from http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/index.html...Once i'd bought them i then downloaded them both and went to my email and obtained both registry codes and like i said both worked fine exept when i try and open the writing tool

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Since you are a properly registered owner, you should email your problem to the publisher...

Comment

• Danny-p
          • Jun 2004

I have, just havent had a reply yet and its getting frustrating with my new toy and all not working properly
          Was thinking of a full system restore

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

The file "PSAPI.DLL" should be in your Windows\System folder. If you can't find it there, or it's been corrupted, you should be able to download it from:

Download psapi.dll free! Fix DLL missing error. Solve it yourself or get help using DLL‑files.com Client to fix DLL error automatically.

Comment

• Danny-p
              • Jun 2004

Thanks for the link, i've added the psapi.dll file to my system32 within windows 98 and now when i double click the burning tools i now get this message:-

Error starting program (again) The PSAPI.DLL file is linked to missing export NTDLL.DLL:NtAllocateVirtualMemory ...
              this is way over my computer knowledge i'm afraid

Comment

• Danny-p
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by setarip
                Since you are a properly registered owner, you should email your problem to the publisher...
                Just got this reply from the publisher

Dear DANNY,

Thank you for your mail.

I think your OS might be WIndows 9X or Windows ME, unfortunately they can not
                support TMPGEnc DVD Author.

If you use WinNT SP1 to WinNT SP4, it is generated. Please renew OS. (In OS
                since WinNT SP5, psapi.dll is default and exists. ),as Windows 2000, or Windows
                XP, but they are the same situation about this. Others OS previous of Windows
                2000, we don't support cause they don't correspond with our system requirement
                of TMPGEnc DVD Author. At this case, you need to use other burning software for
                burning your DVD.

Best regards,

--------------------------------------------------------------
                Pegasys Inc.
                Support Section
                --------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

So now you've got your answer.

I'm surprised that the current version of TMPGEnc DVD Author doesn't generate a more informational error message (stating that you MUST have Win2K or WinXP in order to use the built-in burning program). If I remember correctly, the older versions did.

Comment

• Danny-p
                    • Jun 2004

thanks for your advice anyway

Comment

• setarip
                      Retired
                      • Dec 2001

"thanks for your advice"

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• Danny-p
                        • Jun 2004

Ive upgraded my OS to windows XP and now can use the whole TMPG Enc Author 1.5 & ac3 encoder plug-in correctly. Its music video's from sky+ i'v saved on ram disks and am transferring them onto dvd-r's via TMPGENC DVD Author 1.5.

Within the chapter menu's i came accross the motion option, once selected and then burnt to dvd-r all worked fine except the AC-3 audio on the motion menu's wasn't audiable...After downloading the AC-3 pack all worked fine except the menu's are the same volume as the original (sky+) but the chapters/video's are almost half the volume and they are from the same batch of converted ram files

So how do i re-encode them or adjust them to gain all of the chapters at full volume?
                        Thanks in advance.
                        Danny-p

Comment

• Danny-p
                          • Jun 2004

Anyone please

Comment

Working...