Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gcampos
    • Jun 2004

Splitting Mpeg-2 files

ok newbie for a week now, so far I have been able to burn alot of blanks lately but wont go into that, I have though decided to do something else.

I have a friend who created a DVD via one of those Panasonic burners, I think the E80H standalone, hdd to dvd-ram, then copies to dvd-r.

On the DVD it has three titles, but no menus, and it looks like s**t. So what I am wanting to do is add some menus and cut some titles shorter, I have been able to do that with dvddecryptor and Tempgen dvd author. I messed up on the first one, but the second time around was perfect. Now for my question.

The titles: how do I cut the titles apart, example...
    1st title is 5m59sec
    2nd title is 1hr25min07sec
    3rd title is 57min51sec

So I have a menu with three titles. What do I use to cut apart the Mpeg2 files so I can have many smaller titles?

Thanks,

Gerry
  • Dimmer
    • Jun 2004

In TMPGEnc DVD Author, add the same long title three times to the compilation setting start and end frames differently each time.

Comment

• ormonde
      Digital Video Explorer
      • Dec 2003

"What do I use to cut apart the Mpeg2 files so I can have many smaller titles"

"TMPGEnc" or "TMPGEnc Plus" (Different than TMPGEnc DVD Author). Use the "Merge and Cut" feature. ("File > "Mpeg tools" > "Merge and Cut" tab). You could also perform a similar function if you wish to just use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" by using the "Chapter Edit Cut" feature.

Comment

• gcampos
        • Jun 2004

Thanks, but I switched to DVD Lab to author, I like the way it "feels". Beside I was just testing to see what I can do.

Comment

Working...