PgcEdit ver 8.0 (a DVD IFO editor) *** UPDATE *** 23 January

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wencaS
    • Oct 2005

I'd wanted ask author hereof very skilful editor, whether would was possible enable copy text from bug and cut didoes windows (possibility translate text in pc translatoru). Plagiarize by hand is very lengthy.

For example:

Enable Ctrl+a and Ctrl+c on windows with message.
    Very would namely traction possibility made it easier work to those what doesn't speak English.
    In advance thank you.

See my torment here

Comment

• r0lZ
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Mar 2004

Well, it is not possible to bind a CTRL-C command to those dialogs, because they are standard Window$ dialogs, and I have no control on them.

But there are programs able to copy any text from any window to the clipboard, such as Screen OCR or Kleptomania (both shareware.)
      r0lZ
      PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
      Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

• wencaS
        • Oct 2005

Thank you behind fast answer.
        On OCR use ABBYY FineReader, but the work is also uselessly lengthy, therefore here asked.

A another inquiry would had. Would be possible edit dictate right in window pre and post orders? For example in case of need only re - write he on off, or numbers pgc and next?

To don't forget: big thanks for so splendid programme and fast development behind whereby only limp.

Comment

• r0lZ
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Mar 2004

Sorry, I don't understand your request.
          r0lZ

Comment

• wencaS
            • Oct 2005

I'm sorry. Error them to a my side. Software translation isn't good. I didn't have mould to the detailed discussion.
            I'm sorry.

Comment

• kmfritz
              Gold Member
              Gold Member
              • Aug 2003

r0lZ,

Thanks so much for your great PGCEdit program.

In the following thread:

blutach describes why 32K between .bup and .ifo is important. Because of my desire to manually time stamp the files I prefer to use PGCEdit to modify the files on disk, modify the time and date stamps, and then (for single layer) use mkisofs (with ImgTool Classic front-end) to make the .iso file, which I then burn with DVD Decrypter.

This works well for single layer discs, however I've begun burning content to dual layer discs, and I found that RecordNow Deluxe 7.3 is perfect for selecting a good layer break point and modifying the .IFO/.BUP accordingly.

When I enable the 32KB option in PGCEdit, it suggestes burning from withing PGCEdit, or to use a program like RecordNow MAX to do it, as it will honor the "non-standard" .ifo and space the files accordingly.

RecordNow MAX is an older program now that was published by Stomp, while the RecordNow Deluxe 7.3 is published by Sonic. Both use (different versions of) the Prassi recording engine.

Do you know if Sonic RecordNow Deluxe 7.3 will honor the .ifo with 32KB spacing and burn it correctly? I've been reluctant to use the 32KB option for dual layer discs because I wasn't sure, and didn't want to scrap a dual layer blank.

Thanks so much for the great program!

kmfritz

Comment

• r0lZ
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Mar 2004

Yes, both versions of RecordNow should honor the 32K gaps. But I haven't tested the Sonic version myself.

Note that the IFOs produced by PgcEdit are perfectly "standard". There are some apps (notably Nero) that doesn't respect the standard, but it's not PgcEdit's fault.
                r0lZ

Comment

• kmfritz
                  Gold Member
                  Gold Member
                  • Aug 2003

Originally Posted by r0lZ
                  Yes, both versions of RecordNow should honor the 32K gaps. But I haven't tested the Sonic version myself.

Note that the IFOs produced by PgcEdit are perfectly "standard". There are some apps (notably Nero) that doesn't respect the standard, but it's not PgcEdit's fault.
                  Great - thanks for the speedy answer!

I was most concerned about the following statement that you had in the dialog box that pops up when selecting the 32KB option:

"However, some burning programs are not able to add the gaps between the files, and will burn a DVD unplayable on a standalone player!

It's my understanding that the gaps between files are produced on disc using the pointers that are contained in the .IFO files, and since Stomp no long developes RecordNow Max and Sonic's version looks so different (more novice interface), I wasn't sure if the ability to honor the modified pointers was retained in newever versions of RecordNow.

I also have a problem with PgcEdit that has existed for the last few versions. It used to be that if I selected the "Homepage" link under the help menu, it would bring up the PgcEdit homepage in Internet Explorer 6. Since the last few versions, that no longer happens, and I'm instead presented with a "PgcEdit first time setup: Please select your web browser" dialog box. I select the internet explorer executable and the web page loads. However, this is NOT retained, and I have to do it each and every time.

However, under "Options/Input-Output/Select Web Browser" it does have iexplore.exe with the correct path shown. Does the homepage link not retrieve the web browser location from the options?

I also noticed, however, then when opening a disc, it no longer shows the path of the last one I opened, but rather one from a few months ago. Perhaps this is related to the browser path retention problem?

I've done the install routine again and again, and the internet explorer browser selection just will not stick.

Do you know why? Where are the settings stored? Perhaps I can enter the setting manually?

Thanks again!

kmfritz
                  Last edited by kmfritz; 10 Nov 2005, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• r0lZ
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Mar 2004

Hum, this config problem can come from a change I've made in a old version. Previously, the configuration files were saved in the user's home (ie, normally in "C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\".) The main config file was ".pgcedit.cfg".

Currently, the config files are stored in "C:\Documents and Settings\[your user name]\Application Data\PgcEdit". Note that the Application Data folder is normally hidden, so you have to turn on the "Show hidden files and folders" option in the Folder Options control panel to access it. The main config file is now "pgcedit.cfg" (w/o the leading dot.)

I have written a routine that checks if the options are already saved in the new location, and if not, to move the old config files to the new location, and use them. Maybe there is a problem with this function?

Try this: verify if there are some old config files in your home and delete them. Verify also if there are config files beginning with a dot in the Application data\PgcEdit folder, and delete them. Also, verify if the PgcEdit folder has write permission. Same for the pgcedit.cfg file.
                    Then, try to launch the help again, at least two times.

You may also verify if the browser is correctly defined in the pgcedit.cfg file. Open the file in any text editor such as notepad, and search for a line like this one:
                    set ::config(web_browser) {C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/firefox.exe}

The initial directory is defined with this line:
                    set ::config(initialdir) {D:\rip\DVD_Video\VIDEO_TS}

If it still doesn't work, remove completely the pgcedit.cfg file from Application Data. You will lose your config, but it may solve the problem.

Let me know if it worked.
                    r0lZ

Comment

• kmfritz
                      Gold Member
                      Gold Member
                      • Aug 2003

r0lZ,

OK, I tried all your suggestions. To summarize:

1. There were no old PgcEdit config files in the "C:\Documents and Settings\kmfritz.MEDION.000" directory.

2. There were both a .pgcedit.cfg (dated 13 July 2005) and a pgcedit.cfg (dated 10 November 2005) file in the "C:\Documents and Settings\kmfritz.MEDION.000\Application Data\PgcEdit" directory.

3. The "C:\Documents and Settings\kmfritz.MEDION.000\Application Data\PgcEdit" and contained files have write permission.

4. The full path to internet explorer is correctly contained in the pgcedit.cfg file.

5. I deleted both cfg files (after the experiments with the newer one failed) and received the same results - Internet Explorer will not launch with the home page (or mirror). The new cfg file has the correct path to it.

6. The initial working directory still stays pointing to that old directory that I opened months ago. Even setting "save settings on exit" doesn't change it to the new directory when PGCEdit is re-opened. Is the initial directory supposed to stay fixed on a single directory, or is it supposed to change the value to the last opened one?

So, it appears that PgcEdit is modifying the browser path correctly in the cfg file (as illustrated when I allowed it to create a new one), but the function that calls it to open the homepage or mirror does not work correctly, at least on my machine. I wondered if it could be due to the long home directory name, though that seems unlikely because it can access and write the .cfg file there.

Thanks for the suggestions, but it's still a mystery...

Comment

• r0lZ
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • Mar 2004

Thanks for the feedback. Will try to understand what's wrong. But it may be difficult to do, since here everything is working as it should.

Yes, if you have the Save Settings on exit checked, the last directory opened should be the default.

Another thing to check: do you have foreign characters somewhere in the path of your web browser, or in the path of the last DVD? I have already experienced problems in this case with the burn DVD function.
                        r0lZ

Comment

• kmfritz
                          Gold Member
                          Gold Member
                          • Aug 2003

r0lZ,

Thanks for your investigation. This all worked fine for me (up through version 0.5.7 I estimate). Since my old .pgcedit.cfg file was dated 13 July 2005, and you released PgcEdit 0.6.0 on 7 July 2005, I would estimate I was still using 0.5.7 on 13 July. So, whatever changed in 0.6.0 seems to have caused the hiccups, if that helps any.

These are the settings of interest in my current pgcedit.cfg file:

set ::config(initialdir) {G:\Jesse\Burn\VIDEO_TS}
                          set ::config(web_browser) {C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/IEXPLORE.EXE}

so there are no foreign characters to cause problems.

Thanks for all your help - I'll just keep working around it!

Kevin

Comment

• r0lZ
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • Mar 2004

Well, I've double checked my code and the config on my system. Couldn't find the problem.
                            Last chance: could you download this little tcl file and place it in the plugins directory of PgcEdit? Then, restart PgcEdit and launch the Help -> Homepage menu. A console will be opened. Copy the text that is displayed here. Maybe it will help...
                            Attached Files
                            r0lZ

Comment

• kmfritz
                              Gold Member
                              Gold Member
                              • Aug 2003

OK,

Here's the output:

--------------------------------------------------------------
                              Entering proc ::main::display_html {http://www.videohelp.com/~r0lZ/pgcedit/index.html}
                              ::config(web_browser) = "C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/IEXPLORE.EXE"
                              file exists C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/IEXPLORE.EXE? 1
                              file executable C:/Program Files/Internet Explorer/IEXPLORE.EXE? 0
                              ::config(platform) = win
                              Getting browser filename...
                              --------------------------------------------------------------

Does this mean it finds the file, but it's NOT executable? It passes virus scans, shows version 6.0.2800.1106 in the properties dialog, and is 91,136 bytes long.... Plus it does launch just fine once I point PGCEdit to it, or by double-clicking in windows explorer.

Comment

• r0lZ
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                • Mar 2004

Yes, tcl report the file as non executable. It's the cause of the problem. Maybe it's a bug in tcl, but on my system iexplore is executable. Could you verify the properties of iexplore.exe? It should be listed as an Application.

Also, which version of PgcEdit are you using? V 0.6.1 standalone? If so, try to download it again. Sometimes, a bad download causes unspected things to happend...

And a virus check may be useful, too.
                                r0lZ

Comment

Working...