• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ender
    • Jul 2004

Subtitle desyncronization

Hi,

Sorry about my english.

I convert a subtitle to Ulead DVD WS 2 .txt format using Subtitle Workshop by Urusoft. The original format of subs was .srt.

On the .srt format the subtille syncronization whith correspondent video was perfect but after converted and inserted in Ulead DVD WS2 it's desyncronizes.

Can anyone help me ?

Tks

Ender
  • Qyd
    Digital Video Technician
    Digital Video Technician
    • Oct 2002

choose a different frame rate when you convert (subtitel workshop, in the left panel)

Comment

• Ender
      • Jul 2004

ok...

tks...

But how I know what's the original framerate of the sub which I load in subtitle workshop to convert?

Tks!

Ender

Comment

• Qyd
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Oct 2002

your original subtitle is srt; srt is time based, and you said it's in sync, so you lose the sync in the conversion process.
        so you will have to choose the actual framerate of your video (as input and output).
        what format is your video? if it's avi, you can check the framerate with gspot, if it's dvd (vob's, m2v, mpeg2), you should know if it's NTSC (29.97fps) or PAL (25fps).

Comment

• Ender
          • Jul 2004

Hi, again...

Thanks !!

My video format is .m2v (NTSC) converted by TMPEGenc. In the Subtitle Workshop input framerate is the original framerate of the original .avi video?? That's correct? And the output framerate is the framerate of the .m2v converted video?? Isn't it ?

Please... help me again... and please can you detail the process??

Ender

Comment

• Qyd
            Digital Video Technician
            Digital Video Technician
            • Oct 2002

theoretically, as you don't want to change the timing, you should choose 29.97 for both imput and output.

Comment

Working...