• Show
Clear All
  • webeye
    • Aug 2004

DVD authoring

..is there a definition some where?
  • Elysium
    • Sep 2003

DVD Authoring -- The process of creating a DVD production. This involves designing the overall navigational structure; preparing the multimedia assets (video, audio, images); designing the graphical look; laying out the assets into tracks, streams, and chapters; designing interactive menus; linking the elements into the navigational structure; and building the final production to write to DVD, CD, hard disk, or tape. Consumer DVD Authoring software applications automate much of this process, including compressing the input files into DVD formats and laying out menus with buttons linking to the assets. More professional DVD Authoring tools separate the asset encoding and premastering steps, and provide more control over the DVD design - including button highlights and programmable scripts with navigation commands.

Comment

• webeye
      • Aug 2004

Thanks...
      Does one have to encode everytime...from an existing file that was created using decrypter and than going to shrink?

For example it takes me ..writing at 4x......aprox 20 min to burn a file that is 80 min.
      If I remember..it took approx 20 min to rip this disk...music video with 3 min or so of menu.
      I am a newbie at this....
      Burner used..Iomega Super DVD Quik Burn...EXT.

Comment

• Elysium
        • Sep 2003

Depending on the size of the original DVD you want to backup and it´s protections, you need to perform different tasks. Usually you do need to reencode/transcode your assets.

Comment

Working...