X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

Video sequence headers missing.

I have created a M2V file by using the Procoder encoder. However, it doesn't have any video sequence headers.

Can I add these in some how? I only found out by trying to import into TMGEnc DVD Author and it game me the error.

I can play the file as a DVD in a player but once I stop, fast forward or chapter skip. The player gets confused and stops the DVD. I assume it is the same problem.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Have you tried first multiplexing the .M2V (videostream) with the audiostream, thereby creating a full-fledged MPEG-2 file?

Comment

• nwg
      Left *****
      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by setarip
      Have you tried first multiplexing the .M2V (videostream) with the audiostream, thereby creating a full-fledged MPEG-2 file?
      Yes. I have made a DVD. It plays fine on the PC but not in my Sony player.

I am trying a program out called VideoReDo which can fix mpegs. So far it seems to be working. DVD Author accepted my test file.

update.

That neat program seems to have done the trick. I am remuxing now and will test it in the player.

VideoReDo saves as a mpg file so I had to demux it to a m2v file.
      Last edited by nwg; 7 Oct 2004, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• nwg
        Left *****
        • Jun 2003

It works. I tried it in all my players and the DVD stops, resumes, fast forwards and chapter skips ok.

The software looks useful. I wonder if there is a freeware alternative.

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

You might find the following useful:

ReStream v0.8.9
          ==============================
          by shh
          eMail: shh(at)dvdboard.de
          homepage: http://shh.dvdboard.de

Info:
          ======
          With this tool you can change many options of a MPEG2 Elementary Stream
          without re-encoding. You can change options like the Sequence Header,
          matrices, tff-flags, User Data, GOP-flags, pan-scan-info ...

Comment

• nwg
            Left *****
            • Jun 2003

Thanks for that.

I have realised I already had Restream. I cannot work out how to change the headers. Whatever options I set, I just make a duplicate file.

It is procoder causing the problem. I just finished a video file and it won't import into TDA.

I use videoredo until I can work out. I found out that the TMPGEnc encoder can set the headers but I don't want have to re-encode it again.

update.

I just found a sequence header setting in procoder's advanced settings.

The next time I try it again I have that enabled.
            Last edited by nwg; 7 Oct 2004, 10:27 PM.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"I just found a sequence header setting in procoder's advanced settings."

Forgive me, but for some reason, coming from a knowledgeable user (you), I find that to be just a little bit humorous (Something about the letters "R" and "T" and "F" and "M" come to mind ;>} ).

Regardless, glad to hear you've resolved your dilemma...

Comment

• nwg
                Left *****
                • Jun 2003

Forgive me, but for some reason, coming from a knowledgeable user (you), I find that to be just a little bit humorous (Something about the letters "R" and "T" and "F" and "M" come to mind ;>} ).

Procoder has two exe's. A wizard that makes it as simple as possible and the actual program.

I was using the Wizard originally. It doesn't have all the options compared to the actual program.

It was the first time I had used the software. I didn't think I did too bad.

I still have to do an encode to make sure it works but I think it will. I decided to try it with DVD-RB and compare it with CCE.

Comment

Working...