Using NeroVision Express to Author takes 4.5hrs!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • keycare
    • Dec 2004

Using NeroVision Express to Author takes 4.5hrs!!

Am I doing something wrong...

I have the latest version of Nero Reloaded running on an Athlon 2Ghz with 1GB RAM with XP Pro.

I am trying to author a DVD from a recording made by a Nebula DigiTV card set to record in DVD mode (latest drivers).

To author a 1.5hr film via Nero to a DVD-R is showing an estimated time to complete of 4.5hrs!

If I use TMPGEnc to author the same file, it takes about 6mins to process and about 5 mins to burn.

I've just coughed up for Nero 6 and don't really want to buy TMPGEnc DVD as well (I am just using the trial at the mo').

I must be doing something wrong!

Cheers.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"If I use TMPGEnc to author the same file, it takes about 6mins to process and about 5 mins to burn."

This seems too fast! Have you successfully played back the resultant burned DVD on a standalone DVD player?

1) Are you referring to "TMPGEnc" or "TMPGEnc DVD Author"?

2) Please list ALL of the filenames and filesizes created by your Nebula DigiTV card

Comment

• keycare
      • Dec 2004

1) Are you referring to "TMPGEnc" or "TMPGEnc DVD Author"?

I am using TMPGEnc DVD Author.

The file was about 2.5Gb in mp2 format recorded using the nebula card (single file including audio).

I am not re-coding or compressing. All I want to do is copy the mp2 to a dvd that I can play in my dvd player. So, basically, create menus, vobs and ifo files to burn using nero burning rom.

As I say, TMPG DVD author version did this in about 10mins and played perfectly in my DVD player.

Nero Vision wanted about 4.5 hrs and I wasn't prepared to wait around that long!! I cancelled after about 2 hrs and chucked the DVD-R. This can't be right if TMPG can do it do quickly.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"TMPG DVD author version did this in about 10mins and played perfectly in my DVD player."

So simply stick with TMPGEnc DVD Author for this type of processing (It's apparent that NERO Vision is unnecessarily attempting to recode your input file)

Comment

• keycare
          • Dec 2004

I regressed nero to the previous version last night (3.0.0.6), and it took about 30mins to perform the same process. I think nero has serious issues with the latest version of their software (3.0.1.14)!

I would continue to use TMPGEnd DVD, however, I've only just paid out for Nero 6 Reloaded, I'll see what happens with Nero now that I've gone back one version.

Thanks very much for your help.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Thanks very much for your help."

My pleasure ;>}

Comment

• keycare
              • Dec 2004

A quick update:

There is a setting in the video config screen of NeroVision 3 for Smart Encoding. Checking this setting reduces the transcoding time to an acceptable 15-20 mins.

Hopefully, this will allow me to continue to use the software I've paid for

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

Congratulations on your discovery!

Comment

Working...