Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arctic silver
    • Dec 2001

DVD disk missing AUDIO_TS folder

I have this dvd disk that just has the VIDEO_TS folder with all the VOB files, but is missing the AUDIO_TS folder. Therefore the main movie of the dvd cannot play. The only thing that plays is the menu.

Is there a way or program that I can use to re-author the dvd to add in the missing AUDIO_TS folder?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Most modern standalone DVD players (and all PC DVD players) can readily play such a DVD (The "AUDIO_TS" folder is ALWAYS empty)

2) Is this a commercial DVD or something you (or someone else) created?

3) Try playing it on several different standalones and PCs. Chances are the DVD is no good at all...

Comment

• arctic silver
      • Dec 2001

<<1) Most modern standalone DVD players (and all PC DVD players) can readily play such a DVD (The "AUDIO_TS" folder is ALWAYS empty)>>

Yes. you are right. But I cannot get past the menu. When I click on the menu to play, it just repeats the menu.

<<2) Is this a commercial DVD or something you (or someone else) created?>>

Its a created dvd that was given to me, but the original file from which it was created no longer exists.

<<3) Try playing it on several different standalones and PCs. Chances are the DVD is no good at all...>>

You are absolutely correct here. Guess I'm out of luck here.

Thanks so much for your comment...

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"You are absolutely correct here. Guess I'm out of luck here.
        Thanks so much for your comment..."

My pleasure ;>}

You COULD try loading the DVD into "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (Different than "TMPGEnc" and "TMPGEncPlus") and resaving it (with your own menu and chaptering, if you like)...

Comment

• arctic silver
          • Dec 2001

<<You COULD try loading the DVD into "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (Different than "TMPGEnc" and "TMPGEncPlus") and resaving it (with your own menu and chaptering, if you like)...>>

Roger that. Sounds like a plan

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Sounds like a plan"

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

Working...