X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zackk
    • Apr 2004

3CCD Camcorder to DVD Help

Hi folks

Just Back from Goa in India where I used my new '3CCD Panasonic NV-GS200EB' camcorder. Now I want to get 3 1 hour tapes onto my notebook. I have a copy of 'VideoWave' from 2001 which i have used, but 'RAW DVD footage' takes up alot of space so i need a few questions answered. My Goal is to get the footage turned to Vob (just like dvd films) so that i can play it on my home DVD

1) Do I Have To Save It As Raw Footage from Camcorder To HardDrive Or Is There A Option To Save As Vob (DVD Film) ** Something Free As I Don't Want To Spend ££Hundreds For A Package. (Pinnicle, Premire etc)*****

2) Once The Footage Is On HD How to I **Save/Burn To a DVD So That It Will Run On A Home DVD Player, Again something Thats Free And Does'nt Cost the Earth.

MY AIM IS TO GET MY 'DIGITAL VIDEO' FROM CAMCORDER ONTO A BLANK 'VERBATIM DVD-R' AS QUICKLY/SAFELY AS POSSIBLE SO THAT IT PLAYS IN A HOME DVD PLAYER

MY MACHINE

Dell Precision M50 Notebook

P4 2.Ghz (Mobile(Northwood))
    1024 DDR (266)
    64Mb Nvidia Quadro 700go GL (Ti 4200)
    15" UXGA 'UltraSharp' 400:1 TFT Screen
    40 Gb (5,400 rpm)
    WinXP Pro
    VideoWave (2001)
    Firewire

Hope someone can help

Zack from Derby UK
  • crware9
    • Jan 2005

You will have to find room on your hard drive for the "raw" DV footage from your camera. (The 3CCD bit is irrelevant to this question, BTW).

You will need to use an editing/burning program to a) edit your footage and b) convert it to DVD. (Nero Vision Express 3 will do all this for you with an easy interface - compared with the cost of your camera Nero is a drop in the ocean. Nero Burning Suite includes Vision Express.)

You can, if you wish, burn the DVD files onto your hard drive if you wish to store them there or you can burn them directly to DVD and then, if you are happy, you can delete the original DV files to save hard drive space. (BTW, hard drives are dirt cheap these days too.)

You can also just use NVE to convert your files to DVD without editing them if you wish.

Comment

• jmet
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2002

What format is the "raw footage" in now?

Comment

• crware9
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by crware9
        ..... Nero Burning Suite includes Vision Express....

The Nero suite I'm referring to is Nero 6 Reloaded - a worthwhile investment to compliment the outlay on the camera. There are many other programs to choose from, of course.

Comment

• Kaecha
          • Feb 2004

Did you want to edit the footage? If editing is not important to you try "capture direct to dvd". It uses a temp file while burning, but nothing is left on my hard-drive that I've noticed.

I've done this for friend's holiday footage and it worked out well. You can still put chapter markers as well. It has pre-sets for every 5 min or so , but you can change it to whatever you want.

good luck

Comment

Working...