Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brandonbooth
    • Jan 2002

Wierd problem when authoring DVD

I've burned plenty of DVDs on my computer with no problems, including one's I've converted, ripped, etc. Yesterday I burned the Fast and the Furious (movie only), which was converted to MPEG2 (DVD) from a DiVX AVI file (I converted the audio to 48Khz from 41Khz). I tested the MPG file after the conversion and it played fine, great picture and sound. Anyway, since it played fine as MPG, I burned it as a DVD with Ulead DVD Movie Factory (I've used it many times, all with great results), but when I watched it the video ran at like 60FPS instead of 29.97, it was like the movie was going in fast forward with the sound playing at normal speed. I tried it in my Samsung, my Phillips, and my DVR-A03 with PowerDVD, they all played it superfast with normal sound. I was highly pissed cause I just wasted $6. Now, I took the MPG file (still plays like it should), and created DVD folders with DVD Movie Factory instead, I tested the VOBs with PowerDVD and it played super fast, just like the DVD. Does anyone know what could cause this? The original DiVX file had 41Khz MP3 sound, which I ripped as a 48Khz 16-bit high quality stereo WAV with Virtualdub, so that really shouldn't be an issue, should it?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

What software - and with what settings - did you use to convert from .AVI to MPEG2?

If it was TMPGEnc, did you carefully look at the indicated "FPS" just prior to pressing the "Start" radio button?

Comment

• brandonbooth
      • Jan 2002

I did it all exactly as it should be, NTSC DVD MPGE2, 29.97FPS, 48Khz sound. I even watched the MPEG and tested it in Ulead before burning it (it played perfectly in the preview).

Comment

• Ernesto
        • Mar 2002

DVD-r Pioneer A03

Hello brandonbooth , I have read about your successful work in burning dvd, so, could you help me?

I've a Pioneer A03 DVR, DVD burner wich I get in order to produce my own Music DVDs and TV commercial.

I've burned 2 DVDs but no one plays in the DVD set top player (I've the Phillips DVD711.)

Here in my country it is very dificult to obtain information on certain technical topics.

I need to know every thigs about the way to make DVDs; thank you for your valuable Help

Yours

Ernesto Diaz
        erdiaz13@starmedia.com

Comment

• brandonbooth
          • Jan 2002

Sorry I don't know too much. I just use TMPGEnc to convert non-DVD formats to DVD, and usually Ulead DVD Movie Factory to make the actual DVD.

Comment

Working...