Looking for new software

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Melocco

Looking for new software

I was wondering if anyone knew of some software that would let me make DVD's with my old pictures and old home movies. I know of DVD Studio from Ulead but after trying it, I can not add Pictures with fades in between pictures and I'm kind of limited to what I can do. I have asked at the stores around town but none know of something that can help me customize the menus and help me fade pictures with like music in the background. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.. Mel......
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

You can try this method:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - You can use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this.

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish).

**If the combined file size of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink to compress it down to fit on your recordable media.

If your operating system (O/S) is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode - Tutorial Located here on how to do this: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...453#post221453

TMPGEnc- <A HREF="http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_download.html"><FONT COLOR="00CC99"> Click Here To Download TMPGEnc</A></FONT>

TMPGEnc DVD Author- <A HREF="http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tda.html"><FONT COLOR="3399FF"> Click Here To Download A Trial Version of TMPGEnc DVD Author</A></FONT>

Comment

• Melocco

Thanks for the info, but I have a question. I have downloaded the trial and it has no place for Pictures. What I want is to make something like a Family Tree. With pictures and then video from that era. I want to have a picture of a tree with the years on the limbs. I have even tryed a Family Tree Maker from the store.. The worst $50 I have ever spent. That is why I want to cusomize the menu and all.. I can make the images I need, and make the masks for the frames. I was really thinking of trying to make it all in Flash MX 2004 and them trying to import it to a DVD format. But I want to make copys for my Family for the family Reunion. It needs to be in DVD format becuase most of my family is (how can I say this is a good way) computer ilitirate. But most have DVD players. Again, Thanks for your help. I'll keep trying with TMPGenc. Mel.....

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Although "TMPGEnc DVD Author" may not (easily) display a true tree with pictures for each of the eras, it will VERY EASILY allow you to select a preset menu template that can display an image, "grabbed" from each of the videos, as either a "Chapter" or a "Title"...

Comment

• reboot
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Apr 2004

DVDLab will do integrated slide shows and movies, all on one dvdr.
          My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

Working...