Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Penol777
    • Apr 2005

Tmpgenc DVD author menu help

Hi! I have done some reading on MAANY forums and posts...
    But none of them actually answers my question....

I'm making some DVD's from VCD files, (about 70 on each DVD)

i have no problems at al with the authoring exept on the menu...

i wanted a chapter for every file... and i automatically got that.

My problem is that on the "select chapter" section on the menu every file is named "chapter 1", "chapter 2", "chapter 3" and so on.

Is it possible to get the filenames automatically to be the chapter names?

I have a big job naming all the chapters in the menu if there is'nt a way to do it easier...

Can anyone help me?

Penol777
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

"Is it possible to get the filenames automatically to be the chapter names?"

perhaps another poster can confirm this for us...i believe not, (i have not been able to)
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• ormonde
      Digital Video Explorer
      • Dec 2003

I don't think it is, but you can "Type" the filenames in when you create/edit the menus before you output the project.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

to penol777

i think your gonna be spending alot of your time naming your files in dvd author it'll go faster than you think....this is definetly something that would be nice to have(auto naming)
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

To to penol777

"i wanted a chapter for every file... and i automatically got that."

It sounds as if you are confusing TITLES with CHAPTERS. What you "automatically" got by using the "Add new track" function was an individual TITLE for each video, with a MAIN menu listing all of the TITLES by name and the SUB-menus each listing (by number) the CHAPTERS of their respective TITLES...

"I have a big job naming all the chapters in the menu if there is'nt a way to do it easier..."

It takes but a FEW seconds to rename a chapter.

How could the program possibly divine the appropriate names for each CHAPTER?

Comment

• Penol777
            • Apr 2005

no, no, no!

ok, here is the thing!

i have some music albums on VCD

and every album is a Title, and every song (file) is a track (witch automatically is a chapter)

so i thing you missunderstood me!

so it took indeed a few secounds to name the albums (titles)
            but it can take some time to rename the "chapter1" and so on to "artist - SongName" (70 on a DVD, and i have many!!!)

so in my case, is should be a way to get the filenames automatically to the chapternames in the menu!

Penol777

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"so in my case, is should be a way to get the filenames automatically to the chapternames in the menu!"

Unfortunately, I don't believe this is possible...

(By the way, you are making it confusing by referring to each[apparently] your VCD files as "a track [witch automatically is a chapter]", since a "track" in "TMPGEnc DVD Author" is a TITLE, not a CHAPTER)

If you already have a text listing of the desired chapter names, you can further reduce the time required for renaming the chapters by "cutting and pasting"...

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

to penol777

as setarip pointed out(as i should have too) you are confusing "track" with "chapter". chapters are the broken parts of the tracks. furthermore i (we)can unequivocally conclude what you wish to do is not possible with dvd author 1.6(tmpgenc).
                Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...