making a dvd from avi.(is too hard for me?)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kontrast
    • Dec 2004

making a dvd from avi.(is too hard for me?)

hi. I "just" whant to make a dvd from an avi,divx atc, file. I put just between "", because after I had read allot of forums,trying diferent programs I find that digital video encoding and decoding is trully a jungle. Maybee I'm too stupid or maybee I just don't have anough time to try averything.

So I think my quetions is simple: how can I make (in a simple way) a dvd from a avi file adding subtitle too. Thanks allot.
  • reboot
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2004

You want simple, and then you say you want to add subs.
    The two are mutually exclusive.
    Simple is VSO DivX to DVD.
    With subs, you're looking at something like DVDLab Pro.
    My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

• ormonde
      Digital Video Explorer
      • Dec 2003

kontrast

Try the following procedure (even though there are a few programs involved, the method is "Relatively" simple):

1. Convert the AVI (DivX or Xvid)/mpeg file(s) to a DVD compliant mpeg-2 file(s) using "TMPGEnc" or "TMPGEnc Plus". Use the DVD template (NTSC or PAL) form the "Project Wizard" to help you accomplish the task. If you have an mpeg file that is already DVD-compliant, then skip directly to step 2.

2. Then use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (different than "TMPGEnc") to author the newly created mpeg-2 into a DVD-related file structure (.IFO, .BUP, .VOB). As an alternative, you can use "DVDLab" to author as well.

3. If the combined filesize of the project exceeds 4.37 Gig, use "DVD Shrink" or similar transcoding program to compress.

4. Use "Nero" or similar burning program to burn onto a DVD (r, rw) disk

Comment

• kontrast
        • Dec 2004

my problem is not converting in dvd structure, I know many programs that can do this, is addin subtitle to a dvd from a .sub or.srt file.
        TMPGenc dvd author can do this ?

Comment

Working...