• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tomlim
    • Nov 2003

little ac3 audio out of sync

Hi
    I hope someone will help me..
    i got a xvid/avi file with AC3 audio ( 2 channels). The audio is completely sync and it's perfect

I demux .ac3 and then i clicked disable. After this, i save as avi.

And then i encode the avi file using tmpgenc plus to DVD format (m2v)

Finally i used tmpgenc dvd author. I added m2v as video and .ac3 as audio file. And then i encoded.

BUt the resulting is the audio out of sync...not much..it's only a few miliseconds.

How to fix this? can someone please help me? my english is not good so forgive me

thks
  • ormonde
    Digital Video Explorer
    • Dec 2003

In "TMPGEnc Plus", click the "Setting" button at the bottom of the main dialog. Click on the "Advanced" tab and double-click on "Source Range". In that dialog at the bottom, there is an "Audio Gap Correct" window that will allow you to correct the audio by using a plus or minus value.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
      Demigod of Digital Video
      • Nov 2004

i also use ormondes method frequently, and it works well. this is only useful if the audio/video sych is out consistently throughout.

play with the file and see if the audio is late, or early.

late audio will need a positive value, and early a negative value.

1000 will represent 1 sec, if the gap is less you might try 300(3/10ths) of a sec etc. encode enough just to see what value works best, then use it.
      "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
      Columbo moments...
      "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
      "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
      (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• tomlim
        • Nov 2003

hi
        thks very much for the reply...let me try now and see if it works...but is there any method besides using the ormondes method? Cause somes ac3 works fine and somes don't...i really dont understand

Comment

• LT. Columbo
          Demigod of Digital Video
          • Nov 2004

lol "the ormondes method" is the best - use it.

ac3 being out of sych of your "xvid/avi" file is nothing new, believe me.
          "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
          Columbo moments...
          "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• tomlim
            • Nov 2003

alright! columbo999
            But im not sure how to do
            do u mind teach me how to use this method?
            i got m2v file now without audio and an .ac3 file.
            what should i do from here?
            thks a lot

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

first i prefer to not have elementary streams with tmpgenc. the ac3 file should be converted to .wav vdub can do this....tmpgenc hates ac3 audio

1)load the original file in vdub

2)under video select "direct stream copy"

3) under audio select "full processing mode"

4)under audio again select conversion, no change

5) under audio again select "compression" leave as PCM (no compression)

6) under file slect "sav wav" this will be your audio file for tmpgenc.
              Last edited by LT. Columbo; 28 Apr 2005, 11:43 AM.
              Columbo moments...

Comment

• ormonde
                Digital Video Explorer
                • Dec 2003

"what should i do from here?"

First, "Multiplex" (combine) the M2V and AC3 file. In TMPGEnc, go to "File" > "Mpeg Tools". In the "Mpeg Tools" dialog, click the "Multiplex" tab. From the "Type" dropdown box, choose "Mpeg-2 Program (VBR)" then click the "Add" button each time for both the video and audio. After you have chosen an output destination, click the "Run" button to combine the files. Then, if the audio is still out of sync, follow the procedure outlined in my last post.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

to tomlim

it seems you have 2 different opinions....take your pick! both will work! (although respectfully i think mine is simpler, no offense ormonde!)
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

• ormonde
                    Digital Video Explorer
                    • Dec 2003

"no offense ormonde!"

None taken. However, if "tomlim" has the VFAPI plugin of the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" in TMPGEnc set to one or two positions below the highest priority, the AC3 audio might be fine.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

to ormonde

yes, "might", i have it , and according to tmpgenc it aint fine after xp sp2, thanx again bill gates you lanky geek....
                      Columbo moments...

Comment

• ormonde
                        Digital Video Explorer
                        • Dec 2003

"thanx again bill gates you lanky geek...."

Now now...We must "Bow" down and serve Lord Gates - he brings forth such great innovations (just being sarcastic of course)…

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                          Demigod of Digital Video
                          • Nov 2004

lol ormonde i wouldn't bow down to puke on him if he was on fire....
                          Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...