X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Radio Boy
    • Feb 2002

DVDit BLEW UP!

Did a DVD!
    Worked fine..........UNTIL......I tried it a second time.
    Now.....when I try to import a movie....it literally LOCKS UP, and I wind up having to restart the computer.
    I was convinced the first movie was corrupted, so I tried a second one and it did the same thing.

As a matter of fact......I couldn't even get RID of the first movie, until I deleted it completely from my hard-drive. If I would hit the "movie" button.....the whole system would lock up, and that would be that.

What is going on?
  • Radio Boy
    • Feb 2002

DVDit revisited

DVDit locks up whenever I attempted to author a clip. The very moment that I 'drag and drop' the clip, I "hour-glass" and I wind up having to shut down the computer and start all over again.

Here's what I've tried:

I downloaded the 'upgrade' from Sonic, uninstalled the old version, and re-installed the new version.
    Same thing happened.
    I've tried three different clips that I've just encoded using TMPGE and all three lock up the machine.
    One thing that surprised me was: I tried to load an OLD clip that had been successful earlier, and IT STILL WORKS! (which surprised me)
    Now....I think it must have something to do with the way I'm encoding the clip.
    This is driving me insane.
    Any idears?

Comment

• Radio Boy
      • Feb 2002

Murphy's DVD Authoring Laws

I posted, I begged, I pleaded, I donated. There are now three posts on this thread, and I made them all.

I went to my authoring software's web-site, posted there, posted with tech support.....got nothing there either.

It wasn't me after all.

After wasting a week of my time, I find out it was the program. I quit fooling around with DVDit, switched to Ulead Movie Factory, and have never had a problem since.

One day, I'll be on my death bed and think,

"I wish I had that week back that I wasted trying to burn DVD's."

Here is what I have learned:

1. You will waste approximately 50 dollars worth of blank DVD's before getting a set-top player to recognize the DVD.

2. Once you get the set-top player to recognize the DVD, there will be no audio.

3. Once you get the set--top player to play the DVD with sound, it will be out of sync with the picture.

4. Once you get the set-top player to play the DVD with in sync audio, the picture will be the wrong aspect ratio.

5. Once you get the aspect ratio, audio, video coordinated properly, you'll be shocked to learn that your wife took the kids, and moved back into her mom's home weeks earlier and the odor you've been noticing lately, is because the dog died of starvation two weeks ago.

Comment

• eg8dsc
        • Feb 2002

sweet...ur dead right

Comment

• kevin abq
          • Jul 2002

Wasting time

Radio Boy,

Hallelujah brother!!! Say it loud!! You forgot to mention that there's a notice on your front door saying the bank is taking the house back, and before your wife left, she maxed out all three Visa cards! DOH! And that odor isn't the dead dog at all, but it's YOU because you've been so wrapped up with this problem that you neglected to bathe!

I found out that trying to get tech support on video stuff is near impossible. Then you find out the tech support guy's last job was flipping burgers, and he has no idea what's going on. He just reads off of a script:

"Did you try reinstalling the program?", or "Is it plugged in?", or "Are you sure the problem isn't with Windows?".

I wasted the entire months of May and June this year trying everything to solve a sync problem, but that's in another post.
          Cheers!
          Kevin

Comment

• Tweety Pie
            • May 2002

lol

at least you guys haven't lost your sense of humour.

took me about a month and a half, fifty million guides and more blanks than a spaghetti western to do my first full no glitch run in a standalone player dvd.

whoever agreed to a 4.7gig dvdr standard needs shooting, hung, drawn and quartering.

guess they didn't want to make it easy for copying

Comment

• kevin abq
              • Jul 2002

Sense of humor

Tweety Pie,

A sense of humor is all we have as a defense mechanism. Without it, we'd all be reduced to twitching, drooling wretches who have suddenly developed a fondness for Kenny G songs. That's about as bad as it gets.

You gotta laugh at the really bad problems. You gotta laugh at yourself too. I've found it's healthier.
              Cheers!
              Kevin

Comment

• private cowboy
                • Jul 2002

Yeah since you great guru's got a working method
                how about saving me the 50$ worth a discs and
                sharing your system with me

The current process is this:

DVD decryptor (rip straight movie)
                IFOEDIT (remove unwanted screens, audio etc)
                DVD2AVI (Extract AC3 audio stream)
                REMPEG2 (re-encode M2V to a lower bitrate never lower than 80%)
                SPRUCEUP (to remux and author the disc with no menus - straight movie)

so if someone knows better please fill me in
                and
                P.S. I just want straight movie no extra's no menus, no subtitles
                just movie

Thanks

Comment

• maggot
                  • Jun 2002

DVDit

I am having the same problem. What operating system are you using? I have XP but I'm going to try 98 again and see if it crases there. I did find that if I ripped the DVD and then ran it through DVD2AVI and then TMP to create an MPEG that it would not crash on me. It only seemed to crash when I imported the M2V and AC3 files seperately. Let me know

Comment

• zerodfence
                    • Aug 2002

Its nice to know there are others out there having these problems. Heres me just thinkin its me.

The best way i found to "test" the DVD was to use a DVD RW, this way you dont waste all those "$50" worth of disks.

Im not trying to copy DVD movies, although it would be nice but have not got the patience for it.

Im trying to Transfer from DV recorder to DVD but am having problems with playback on a standalone player, always seems fine on the PC though.

That smell must be all over cos i have disscovered that to.

Comment

Working...