Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • robguy
    • Jun 2003

Is NVE 3.1.07 allergic to VR discs?

NVE 3.1.0.7 has a problem importing all files from VR-recorded discs.

Example (3 Titles from Sony HX-900 standalone DVD recorder that were recorded in VR mode, and from which commercials had been edited out)
    1. Title 1: All segments imported into NVE except the last one.
    2. Title 2: All segments imported into NVE except the last one.
    3. Title 3: All segments imported into NVE except the last one.

So, I ended up with 3 tv episodes without the epilogue for any of them. Fortunately, I was able to import ALL data from the DVD using another program and then brought them into NVE.

NeroVision Express apparently cannot read all of the material on a VR disc, just most of the material. Once things are in NVE, the program functions normally -- I just have to use another program, to import the VR .vobs and bring them into NVE as MPEG-2s. It's a workaround, I know, but perhaps someday NVE will import all of the segments from a VR-recorded disc.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

MOST "authoring" programs have difficulty with VRO format.

(Commercial) "TMPGEnc DVD Author" handles VRO files flawlessly. You can obtain a FULLY functional free 30 day trial version of this commercial program at:

TMPGEnc,DVD Author,tmpg,mpg,mpeg,encoder,TMPG,tmpgenc,Pegasys,TSUNAMI,authoring,digital,video,DVD-Video,AVI,converter,convert,movie,movies

Comment

• robguy
      • Jun 2003

(Edited) VR or VRO, TMPGEnc DVD Author is what I used to bring the vobs into NVE before I posted here.

My hope was that someone had found a way for NVE to import the files without having to resort to TMPGEnc.

Perhaps this is just a "wish list" item for future NVE versions. At least NVE did bring in nearly all of the required files ... and that's a start.
      Last edited by robguy; 30 May 2005, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Working...