Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackPearl
    • May 2004

Bitrate Problems in TMPGEnc

I'm not a neophyte to this but I have just come across a unique problem. I'm burning an Extras DVD that has a total size after edit of 3.2 Gig...obviously it fits on a standard DVD. However, when the files are loaded into TMPG for compiling with menus, etc. all is fine untill I go to Output the final burn files. This is whewre the error pops up that " the combined bitrate exceeds the standard max. and is over 8.9mbs. How can this be. I tried to remedy this in a few different ways but it doesn't want to cooperate. Any help???

Method:

Rip with DeCrypter
    Reauthor with TMPG
    Burn with Nero

Tried using Shrink to reduce the bitrate but it did nothing.
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

is directshow set to highest? have you tried manually setting the "source range"? you can't manually lower the bitrate in the template?
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• BlackPearl
      • May 2004

I guess I should have said that it I'm using TMPGEnc DVD Author not Plus. I did go and grab Plus....it seems like a usefull tool to have also. I assume you are refering to Plus?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

tmpgenc plus yes, the file being loaded into dvd author is 3.2 gig? at bottom of your screen it is not showing as 9 gig?
        Last edited by LT. Columbo; 26 May 2005, 03:57 PM.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• BlackPearl
          • May 2004

I just picked it up and have no experience with it just yet. Looks like an awesome tool though. Is there a guide for this anywhere? Something that has an in depth explanation for the functions relating to NTSC? Appreciate the info.

Comment

• BlackPearl
            • May 2004

no, that's the freaky part, It shows 3.7 (sorry not 3.2) you are refering to the size bar correct?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

"It shows 3.7 (sorry not 3.2) you are refering to the size bar correct?"

yes
              videohelp.com has many excellent guides.

have you tried dvd shrink and made a "dvd package" (audio video ts folders) ?
              Columbo moments...

Comment

• BlackPearl
                • May 2004

yes..no go....shrinks the film keeps the bitrate at 9800. I am assuming (I'm doing a lot of that lately,lol) that with Plus, I'll be able to take the 5 VoB's with audio directly into it and creep the bitrate down just enough to pass muster in Author with shooting the quality/audio all to hell?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

what i do is shrink the disc using full-disc or re author mode. i use custom ratio to make the output file size just below max size for a 4.7 dvd5. then i burn this with nero.
                  Columbo moments...

Comment

• BlackPearl
                    • May 2004

Normally all is well with this and my method (removing only certain file as I don't want them all, keeps the quality higher) this was the first time this has occured. Like I said it's an extras DVD and I'm only interested in keeping certain clips so I ripped the full disc snatched the VoB's I wanted, dumped the rest, re-menued, then off to burn........so I thought.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                      Demigod of Digital Video
                      • Nov 2004

have you used "re-author" mode in dvd shrink?
                      Columbo moments...

Comment

• BlackPearl
                        • May 2004

actually......no, never had a use for it

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                          Demigod of Digital Video
                          • Nov 2004

this is the feature you want. it will compress only enough to maintain best quality. it allows you to pick and choose what features of a disc you compile.

look at this guide.http://www.dvdshrink.info/reauthor_basic.php
                          Columbo moments...

Comment

• BlackPearl
                            • May 2004

Cool Beans!! I'll have to check this out....thanks much for all the valuable info. Now my final dread is a PAL to NTSC conversion when I get up the nerve. Thnks much.

Rock On!

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                              Demigod of Digital Video
                              • Nov 2004

good luck
                              Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...