Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"This is whewre the error pops up that " the combined bitrate exceeds the standard max. and is over 8.9mbs."

You have a typo regarding the information notice in TMPGEnc DVD Author - It should say "9.8Mb/s".

You can feel free to click on the "Ignore" radiobutton and continue to create your DVD "package"...

Comment

• BlackPearl
      • May 2004

setarip: I stand corrected, yes, 9.8..........I have NEVER had this problem before and I did just that, click Ignore and Write package, upon eperimentation I find that surprisingly enough it plays flawlessly on the ROM Drive and a cheap-ass $40 APEX player but not on my SONY, I am suspecting the disc (Maxell DVD-R, Iusually use Verbatim's) Is there a reason for this problem, I never, repeat never had this come up before and is there a simple solution for.

Columbo999: No go dude Re-Author gives the same out-of-limit- rate at all comppresions. Note: the file fits a disc uncompressed, so I really don't want to change that if at all possible anyway.

Comment

• reboot
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Apr 2004

the combined bitrate exceeds the standard max
        Are you sure this error is referring to file size?
        I think it's referring to the combined audio and video bitrate.
        My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

• BlackPearl
          • May 2004

I think it's referring to the combined audio and video bitrate.
          Yes, exactlly, sorry I was unclear. Is there a soloution to this problem?

Comment

• reboot
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Apr 2004

Drop the bitrate during encoding.
            Audio should be about 224kbps, but 192kbps will work for 2 chan AC3.
            Video bitrate should not exceed 8000 avg, and 9000 peak max. Combined with audio, that's too high, so drop avg to 7500 and max to 8000.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

To BlackPearl

"setarip: I stand corrected, yes, 9.8..........I have NEVER had this problem before and I did just that, click Ignore and Write package, upon eperimentation I find that surprisingly enough it plays flawlessly on the ROM Drive and a cheap-ass $40 APEX player but not on my SONY"

Glad to hear that my information resulted in a good burn ;>}

So, as you can see, bitrate is NOT a problem here. the only thing you appear to now have left to resolve is media compatibility with your "finicky" SONY standalone DVD player.

To determine the capabilities/limitations of your specific brand and model of standalone DVD player, as well as media compatibility, go to:

1) Try burning to a DVD+R

2) Try burning at 2X

Comment

• reboot
                Digital Video Expert
                Digital Video Expert
                • Apr 2004

Because it's a "finicky Sony" is exactly why I recommended dropping the bitrate.
                The media and burning speed may be just fine, but the bitrate peaks can fluster Sony's playback.

Comment

• setarip
                  Retired
                  • Dec 2001

To reboot

My reference to "finicky" SONY standalone DVD players was based on my personal past experiences (I've owned three different SONY standalone DVD players over the years,a s well as many other brands) - and the SONY players are "finicky" with regard to media brand, quality, format and burn speed.

There should be no need to reduce bitrate since the burned DVD plays properly on another of "BlackPearl's" standalone DVD players...
                  Last edited by setarip; 31 May 2005, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• BlackPearl
                    • May 2004

All true, I would like to resolve the issue though since you never know what DVD player/ROM you might own or will use and what may give problems in the future. Just though I'd try to resolve it now than later since I'm backing up rather rare discs and not all are my own, per se Reboot: I agree with reducing the bitrate but I haven't figured out how of seen a reasonably good method for doing it. Ant suggestions? setarip: thanks much!

Comment

• setarip
                      Retired
                      • Dec 2001

"I would like to resolve the issue though since you never know what DVD player/ROM you might own or will use and what may give problems in the future."

The only "universal" solution (and it's not foolproof) is, if your burner has the capability, to burn a DVD+R with the bit set - so it "appears" to all standalone players to be a DVD-ROM. Even if you should do this, I suggest you burn at 2X (or, at most, 4X)...

Comment

• reboot
                        Digital Video Expert
                        Digital Video Expert
                        • Apr 2004

In tmpgenc, select the advanced options, or whatever it's called, then look under Rate Control Mode on the video button of Settings.

Comment

• BlackPearl
                          • May 2004

Thanks to all you guys for heads up on this dodgey problem. Reboot: If you're refering to TMPGEnc Plus, I follow you.....The problem is it won't take and recode a vob direct from Decrypter, I'll have to find a decent way to to seperate the file into mpeg/audio to use it. I think it's going to be more painful. than it's worth. OT: Has anyone used Nero Recode for a Pal to NTSC convertions?......Opinion?

Comment

• setarip
                            Retired
                            • Dec 2001

"Thanks to all you guys for heads up on this dodgey problem."

It may be "dodgy", but it's universally common - Not ALL standalone players play ALL burned DVDs...
                            Last edited by setarip; 31 May 2005, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• reboot
                              Digital Video Expert
                              Digital Video Expert
                              • Apr 2004

Get ReJig. Use File mode, and demux the vobs into m2v and ac3.
                              You can now do whatever you like in tmpgenc plus.

Nero Recode would not be my tool of choice for PAL <-> NTSC conversions.
                              The best way, is to not convert at all. Many players will take a PAL disk and output a correct NTSC signal for your TV. You just have to try it.
                              If you DO need to do the conversion, there's a right way, a good way, and about 15 sort of OK ways, and even more wrong ones.
                              The right way, is to re-encode the whole video in an encoder that can do the conversions properly, without jerkiness, desync audio etc., and the only one that I've found that can do it well is Canopus Procoder. I don't know if the Express version does as well.
                              The good way, is to re-encode the video to the correct aspect ratio, but do NOT attempt to convert the framerate. Then run DGPulldown on the file to correct the header.
                              This works in 99% of all players (as tested by many, many people).
                              The OK ways, are to re-encode the file in any encoder, and hope for the best.

Comment

• BlackPearl
                                • May 2004

Ok sounds good, I kinda susspected that. I did manage to "get" Procoder 2.0 but have yet find a dongle bypass that works....oh well......that aside, the second method for conversion of the aspect ratio sounds good but is it playable then in a standard NTSC player without special requirements? As far as ReJig....that's a new one on me this is first I'm hearing about this one.....info?

Thanks again

Comment

Working...