Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tophawk
    • Jun 2005

TMPGEnc Bitrate probs

All my personal home video DVDs are PAL 720 x 576 @ 25fps (9800 kbps) with 256 kbps Audio. As you will know the Authoring prog will not proceed as it is "above the upper limit of a standard DVD - 9848"
    Most of my commercial DVDs are all in excess of that even single layer
    This means, in efect, that my hundreds of DVDs are all 'above the upper limit' so I will never be able to re author them. I assume that if I select "IGNORE" the DVD is OK because it will be the same resolution as the original (which, of course, is OK)
    My personal DVDs are all burnt via a Sony machine (under the TV) - but if I use the Mini Disc from the camera direct into my PC the resolution of 704 x 576 is now below those upper limits and I'm home free!!
    Can anyone help?
    or give me any advice
    Hope to hear
    Peter
    PS To reiterate; I have no problem authoring any footage direct from the (camera's) disc but nothi
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"As you will know the Authoring prog will not proceed as it is "above the upper limit of a standard DVD - 9848"

"This means, in efect, that my hundreds of DVDs are all 'above the upper limit' so I will never be able to re author them."

"I assume that if I select "IGNORE" the DVD is OK because it will be the same resolution as the original (which, of course, is OK)"

The first two statements are incorrect, as you must already know, since you make reference to being able to select "Ignore".

Simply select "Ignore" and continue your process to author a perfectly viable DVD...

If you have more questions, always feel free to ask them...

June 05, 2005 Saying for the day: "Don't stop thinkin' about tomorrow"...

Comment

• tophawk
      • Jun 2005

Many thanks for replying
      Peter

Comment

• tophawk
        • Jun 2005

PS
        Is there any known reason why this (I find excellent) program leads me to believe that it may generate a non-standard DVD, because of the exceeded 9848 limit, if I choose 'ignore'on my 720 x 576 DVDs. Does this technically mean that all my DVDs are non - standard?
        Thanks again for your quick, reassuring reply
        Peter

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"Many thanks for replying"

My pleasure ;>}

"Does this technically mean that all my DVDs are non - standard?"

I don't believe so - but, if I'm wrong, one of the "Merry Pranksters" here will try to jump all over it ;>).

If they are, it would appear to be nothing more than semantics. "Superbit" DVDs are encoded at up to twice the "standard" DVD bitrate - and play on standard DVD players.

If you have more questions, always feel free to ask them...

Comment

• tophawk
            • Jun 2005

Thanks
            I had a look at the link also
            Roll on Blu-ray (Saw one when in Japan)
            After being reassured by your reply I will go and load up my recent recorded Football DVD and edit out the adverts from the Broadcast program
            Never catch on these computers thingies
            Thanks again
            Peter

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"Thanks again"

As always, my pleasure ;>}

Comment

Working...