• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vaughn
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Jan 2002

TMPGnc drops my audio

I have some divx and xvid rips that i would like to convert to DVD. Should be no problem as i have both TMPGnc and DVD Author for the job. However for some stupid reason after the job is done i always end up with a silent movie.

So what i did was take Nandub and save the audio seperately in a wav file and in TMPGnc just pointed to both the video and the audio files and tried once more. Again there is no audio. Now the wav that i have saved with Nandub works fine so somehow TMPGnc is dropping it, could anyone please suggest why?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) Load the original video file into VirtualDub (or one of its many variants) or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (BOTH video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• Vaughn
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Jan 2002

VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.1

Video Stream

Frame size, fps 720x396, 25.000fps (40000u.s.)
      Length: 165619 frames (1:50:24:76)
      FourCC code: Four CC: [XVID] Xvid MPEG-4 codex
      Decompressor: Xvid MPEG-4 Codec
      Number of key frames: 1386
      Min/avg/max/total key frame size: 3275/33929/77669 [45925K]
      Min/avg/max/total delta frame size: 8/7824/69176 [1254929K]
      Delta rate: 1609 kbps [0.30% overhead]

Audio Stream
      Sampling rate: 48000Hz
      Channels: 2[stereo]
      Sample precision: n/a
      Audio tag: Tag: 0x2000, Decodable ATSC/A-52 (Dolby AC3) 200)
      Compression: Unknown (tag 2000)
      Layout: 162 chunks (24000I0.50s preload)
      Length: 158994240 samples (1:50:24.76)
      Min/avg/max/total frame size: 960/1028/12000 (163k)
      Data rate: 192 kbs (2.28% overhead)

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Audio tag: Tag: 0x2000, Decodable ATSC/A-52 (Dolby AC3) 200)
        Compression: Unknown (tag 2000)"

In TMPGEnc, under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to one greater than the highest priority of listed items. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

If you have more questions, always feel free to ask them...

Some people can't see the forest for the trees. Most times, simple is better;>}

Comment

• Vaughn
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Jan 2002

Illegal Audio Format
          For a standard DVD you can only use the following formats:
          Dolby Digitial, MPEG-1 audio layer, or linear PCM

Maybe i am missing a plugin or something???

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Illegal Audio Format
            For a standard DVD you can only use the following formats:
            Dolby Digitial, MPEG-1 audio layer, or linear PCM"

You are confusing "TMPGEnc DVD Author" with "TMPGEnc". As I said - In "TMPGEnc" (NOT "TMPGEnc DVD Author"), under the "Environmental Settings" "VFAPI plugin" tab rightclick on the "Direct Show Multimedia Reader" and increase to one greater than the highest priority of listed items. This will enable TMPGEnc to accept a properly encoded .AVI with .AC3 audio for input...

You first have to use "TMPGEnc" to convert the .AVIs:

One set of procedures (other posters may/probably will suggest alternative methods) would be:

1) Use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - Use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish)

**If the combined filesize of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink (or similar) to compress

If your O/S is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode
            (As an alternative to "TMPGEnc DVD Author", you could use "DVDLab")

Let us know of your success ;>}
            Last edited by setarip; 18 Jun 2005, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
              Demigod of Digital Video
              • Nov 2004

vaughn

after i installed sp2 raising directshow still doesn't allow me to encode ac3 audio in tmpgenc. if you want another alternative. simply rip the audio to wav with virtualdub(you need the ac3 acm decompressor installed) and use this as the audio for tmpgenc(not tmpgenc dvd author). this is what i do...
              "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
              Columbo moments...
              "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
              "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
              (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Vaughn
                Gold Member
                Gold Member
                • Jan 2002

Thank you for you help guys (especially Setarip for the settings) however i am still without audio. First of all i have followed the process as Setarip has described above and i am still without audio. I have tried other rips and they sound great just not this one.

Could anyone suggest a program other than TMPGEnc that could convert xvid to DVD and keep the sound?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                  Demigod of Digital Video
                  • Nov 2004

you have a very common file which i myself convert very easily with tmpgenc and tmpgenc dvd author and virtualdub all the time.

there must be a problem with the wav file you made in nandub. i suggest creating one with virtualdub and use your ORIGINAL file for the VIDEO in "tmpgenc plus"(not dvd author), and the new wave file from vdub as your AUDIO in tmpgenc plus(not dvd author).

raise your directshow to highest as already suggested and leave it there.
                  "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                  Columbo moments...
                  "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                  "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                  (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• reboot
                    Digital Video Expert
                    Digital Video Expert
                    • Apr 2004

Try downloading and installing the AC3 filter.
                    Tmpgenc/plus cannot natively read AC3, no matter what you do with vfapi.
                    My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

• Keaton231
                      • Mar 2005

If you still have some problems, I might suggest trying ffmpegGUI and saving the audio as AC-3 and then encoding the 2 files with TMPGEnc WITHOUT inserting an audio source. Then author the DVD-compliant file and put the AC-3 file as the audio source.
                      DVD Decrypter DVD Shrink ffmpegGUI BeSweet TMPGEnc TMPGEnc DVD Author
                      Muxman VirtualDub VirtualDubMod Cucusoft Video Converter Rad Video Tools
                      WinAVI Video Converter Windows Movie Maker

Comment

• DinhoGM
                        • Jun 2005

I want to author a DVD adding two new audios and two subtitles to the selected ones (English/Portuguese). I guess I got guidance to create subtitles, but audio, I don´t know the right settings required to DVD audio. I have only the audio in mp3 and wav. Using AudioConvert and default settings, I created an mp2, AC3 and Ogg Vorbis. Wich is the required format to reach my aim?

Tks

Comment

Working...