Extracting tracks from several DVD's to make a compilation. How?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kberr70
    • Jun 2005

Extracting tracks from several DVD's to make a compilation. How?

Help! I can't figure out how on earth how to do this..... I have tried several things to no avail.

I have 3 DVD's created on my set top DVD recorder connected to my TV. (Lite On 5005). These DVD's each contain about 15 tracks each, and the material is not in any real order, not even chronological.

I want to make 3 NEW DVD's where I have taken these (15*3) 45 tracks and put them where I want to on each DVD, in an order I choose obviosuly.

I can take these DVD's to DVD decryptor and extract them down to VOB, IFO, and BUPs, but of course they are not broken down by track.

Any ideas HOW I can accomplish this goal?
  • Alien Bay
    Always learning
    • Oct 2004

If I'm understanding you correctly, I believeyou can do this with Shrink. You can rip the tracks using start and end points, then you can 'complile' using re-author mode and select the ripped tracks you've made.
    APOD

Comment

• kberr70
      • Jun 2005

DVD compilation creation from various tracks.

But SHRINK won't even open the DVD. It yields a "Invalid DVD Structure" error when you try to open it either as OPEN DISK or OPEN FILES. This is the file structure on the DVD if you browse it in explorer:

The disk contains 2 folders:

VIDEO_RM
      VIDEO_TS

VIdeo_RM has the following files: VIDEO_RM 1024 KB DAT File
      VIDEO_RM 32 KB IFO File
      VIDEO_BUP 32 KB BUP File

Video_TS has the following files: VIDEO_TS 14 KB IFO File
      VIDEO_TS 14 KB BUP File
      VIDEO_TS 800 KB VOB File
      VTS_01_0 72 KB IFO File
      VTS_01_0 72 KB BUP File
      VTS_01_1 1,048,574 KB VOB File
      VTS_01_2 1,048,574 KB VOB File
      VTS_01_3 863,300 KB VOB Files

???????? Any ideas?

Comment

• Alien Bay
        Always learning
        • Oct 2004

Can you open the DVDs with DVDDecrypter?
        APOD

Comment

• Alien Bay
          Always learning
          • Oct 2004

also read here
          APOD

Comment

• kberr70
            • Jun 2005

Using DVD decryptor

Originally Posted by Alien Bay
            Can you open the DVDs with DVDDecrypter?
            I can OPEN the DVD, and DVD decryptor reads them, but cannot thoroughly decrypt them. There are 3 VOB files on this disk. The 1st one goes through fine, the latter 2 both fail decryption.

Comment

• blutach
              Not a god of digital video
              • Oct 2004

Try copying just the VIDEO_TS folder to your hard drive. Then open the DVD in DVD Shrink or whatever by navigating to that folder.

Regards
              Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
              [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

To kberr70

You should be able to process your DVDs with (commercial) "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (Different than "TMPGEnc" and "TMPGEncPlus"). The following is from the "TMPGEnc DVD Author" Help file:

"You can add a DVD-Video previously authored by TMPGEnc DVD Author or a DVD-Video recorded in DVD-VR made on a DVD recorder or on a DVD-RAM recorder as a clip."

You can obtain a FULLY functional free 30 day trial version of this commercial program at:

TMPGEnc,DVD Author,tmpg,mpg,mpeg,encoder,TMPG,tmpgenc,Pegasys,TSUNAMI,authoring,digital,video,DVD-Video,AVI,converter,convert,movie,movies

If you have more questions, always feel free to ask them...

Some people can't see the forest for the trees. Most times, simple is better;>}

Comment

• jm1647
                  An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                  • Apr 2005

With my 5005 I use the drag and drop of the VIDEO_TS folder to my HDD. Then you should be able to use DVD Shrink In reauthor mode snipping the vobs into each segment you want. Then u could use TitleWriter for a simple menu. It comes with templates for 2 or 4 movies and up to 9 episodes I think. These are free, "TMPGEnc DVD Author" is commercial.

Comment

• kberr70
                    • Jun 2005

DVD Shrink Re-author mode with Lite On LVW-5005

Wait, so your saying copy the VIDEO_TS folder in it's entiretity to HD, then open DVDshrink and choose reauthor mode and point to that folder on your HD?

I will try this and post back. I suspect a problem, but you say you have done this before?

Comment

• jm1647
                      • Apr 2005

With anything recorded on the 5005 there is no need to decrypt since they are not encrypted.

Comment

• jm1647
                        • Apr 2005

I got confused from when the 5005 wrote in the DVD+vr format and we usta have to drag and drop the VIDEO_TS folder to the HDD to make copies using Nero. No dvd shrink will not allow you to reauthor the files even after burning with Nero. Sorry 'bout that ! Your still going to get the Invalid DVD Structure message.

Comment

• kberr70
                          • Jun 2005

Creating a Compilation.....

Well, I may be half way there......

I have opened a DVD made from the LVW-5005 and extraced it's contents through VOBBlanker...... Then I could open it in DVDSHrink in Re-author mode...... Now I can look at each track by track and drag the ones I want over to produce the DVD in NERO, hopefully.
                          HOWEVER, I have 4 DVD's I need to do this too, and need different tracks from each. I could perform this with all of them, but the tracks are labled "track 1", "Track 2", etc for each DVD processed. This makes it very confusing. Does anyone know how I can rename these tracks? Shrink is going to bounce them (the ones I choose) back into VOB's to be processed by NERO.

Comment

Working...