• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • techreactor
    Banned
    • Jul 2005

How to build Professioanal DVD's

Okay,

What are the steps to build a professional DVD's just like when you buy off the shelf from a Video Store. I need :

1) An Initial Video to be played for eg a Dolby Digital trailor
    2) Then I want a disclaimer
    3) Then I want the menu to come up for selection to play the DVD

I have main video files in .avi /mpg format, Dolby trailor can be downloaded from their website (its in .vob format), I need to create a menu and a disclaimer and arrange them as defined above, before burning onto a DVD.

How do i go about doing it and can this be done using GNU license software or would I need to buy them !!!!!.

thanks,
  • reboot
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2004

You could try it with GUIforDVDAuthor, or DVDAuthorGUI (both free), but it would be much better, and easier to use something like DVDLab Pro.
    My DVDLab (and other) Guides

Comment

• techreactor
      Banned
      • Jul 2005

Okay One hour spent on DVDlab Studio and there I was a clear winner, I just made a DVD for three movies with Menus and Chapters using DVDlab.

But i have to say thanks to "reboot" and his guide without which I would have taken ages, thanks Jim aka reboot.

www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/

Comment

• jcvmf214
        • Jul 2005

Toshiba RSTX-60 DVD Formats and editing/authoring

Originally Posted by techreactor
        Okay One hour spent on DVDlab Studio and there I was a clear winner, I just made a DVD for three movies with Menus and Chapters using DVDlab.

But i have to say thanks to "reboot" and his guide without which I would have taken ages, thanks Jim aka reboot.

www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/
        Hi techreactor. Looks like a comprehensive program. I have currently a Toshiba RSTX-60 that has no editing capabilty. I need to make a dvd on the burner that it comes with and have the pc recognize it then be able to play the new editied dvd on the same player.

Can I do this?

What format of DVD disks Will I need.
        Please help I am new to dvd formats.
        -JOhn C

Comment

• techreactor
          Banned
          • Jul 2005

Yes, you can burn a DVD and then play it on your DVD (check your DVD manual for the writable DVD's it supports , -+R, -+RW). The only issue with DVDlab is that it takes only MPEG2 files as inputs (although you can use a plug-in to convert, avaolable on its site) or you can even use TMPEGEnc free for 30 days (as with DVDlab).

But if you are a Novice, download some guides on how to do the conversion and navigate the software and perform them step by step.

Remember.......you will need a lot of patience.

Comment

Working...