• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • techreactor
    Banned
    • Jul 2005

Found Freeware to Generate DVD Menu and Burn 2-3 movies into One DVD

Hi,

I found a freeware to generate DVD basic menu and then playing movies, it burns, creates ISO file, Authors DVD also. You can put more than 1 movie into the DVD it will burn (as many as a DVD can take). Only limitation is the source files it uses, divx avi files.

Well I did a test for DVD and it works, will try the menu feature which looks neat too.

• jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

Yes, but when you put that much video data on a single layer DVD, the quality sufferers tremendously. That is why it can only accept "avi" files. Cause they are already compressed way to much to begin with.

Comment

• SweetiePie
      • Aug 2003

@ techreactor

I guess you have a standalone DVD player that can play AVIs. If you made your original AVIs with a high enough bitrate for good quality and MP3 audio for smaller size you can get great looking results with three or four AVIs on one DVD

Comment

• techreactor
        Banned
        • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by SweetiePie
        @ techreactor
        If you made your original AVIs with a high enough bitrate for good quality and MP3 audio for smaller size you can get great looking results with three or four AVIs on one DVD
        Well partly right and partly not.....I dont have a dvd player to play an avi file but I have high Q avi movie files that i want to see on my DVD player so I guess instead of burning them individually on VCD's(2 for each movie), i started searching for a software so that I can burn 3 movies into 1 DVD and still retain their qaulity.

So here I am....with DIKO

Comment

• jm1647
          An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
          • Apr 2005

@techreactor - Nice link/ program, I'm gonna give it a shot

Comment

• SweetiePie
            • Aug 2003

@ techreactor

i don't get it. are you you talking about making a DVD that has avis on it or making avi files into DVD format?

@ jm1647

thats a real neat avitar! what does it mean?

Comment

• tigerman8u
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Aug 2003

when you convert the avi (mpeg4) to dvd (mpeg2) you will get a much larger file. dvd compliant mpeg2 typically uses 6000-8000k/bps video bitrate.

Comment

• jm1647
                An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                • Apr 2005

[QUOTE=SweetiePie

@ jm1647

thats a real neat avitar! what does it mean?[/QUOTE]

It's a Zodiac sign...not the killer but the horoscope...I'm a Virgo but ain't been a virgin for a long time

Comment

• techreactor
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by tigerman8u
                  when you convert the avi (mpeg4) to dvd (mpeg2) you will get a much larger file. dvd compliant mpeg2 typically uses 6000-8000k/bps video bitrate.
                  Well master, excuse me for my late reply since I was extremely busy with my DIKO stint. To begin with I have Xvid avi files (with 48K audio).

The way DIKO works is by asking you the final size of your DVD and then you provide the input with different movie avi files (it can be more than one file for 1 movie).DIKO will combine the movies and set the VBR so as to try to fit all of them within the specified DVD size. Although in my experience the size increases by around 300-700 MB for each movie. The ouput created is in ES, mpv and mp2. It also uses this output to author a DVD with menu, if you choose to do so, otherwise you can just feed these to DVDlab and author on your own.

The Menu created is very basic, main menu and links to pictures 2-3 movies with and then movie play.

Well just in case for ppl who want to try, do not upgrade the packages from what is supplied in the Install program. The package offered works much more reliably. Play the DVD from the authored folder before burning to check for audio desync. Audio desync could occur if your input avi has problems. (although there is a way to correct it)

I feel its a good product and offers good features being a GNU license software.

Comment

Working...