Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ellisjersey92
    • Jul 2005

mpeg movie

i have an mpeg file that i want to burn onto a dvd-r disc and ultimately play in a dvd player. this is the first time im trying this and im having a few problems. the first thing i found of was that i needed to convert it to .vob or another format to burn it to the dvd and allow it to play. for this i downloaded a program called dvdbuilder pro. when i tried to open the mpeg on that program, it said it couldnt open the file because the screen resolution was 0*0 and needed to be 4:3. i downloaded ifoedit for this, but i have absolutely no clue how to use it. if someone has some tips on these programs, or a completely other way to go about this, please help me out.
    Last edited by ellisjersey92; 24 Jul 2005, 04:32 AM.
  • jmet
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2002

You might be able to skip step 1 as your files are already ".mpeg" files. Try it and see.

1) Use "TMPGEnc" (or "TMPGEncPlus") to convert the .AVI (DivX-compressed or otherwise) to compliant MPEG2-for-DVD format - You can use "TMPGEnc's" DVD wizard/template to accomplish this.

2) Use "TMPGEnc DVD Author" (a different program than "TMPGEnc") to easily create the required additional DVD files and structure (and chapters and a menu, if you wish).

**If the combined file size of the DVD "package" written to your hard drive is greater than 4.37Gb, use DVD Shrink to compress it down to fit on your recordable media.

If your operating system (O/S) is either Win2000 or WinXP, TMPGEnc DVD Author can also burn your DVD. Otherwise, use NERO to burn in "DVD-Video" mode - Tutorial Located here on how to do this: http://forum.digital-digest.com/show...453#post221453

TMPGEnc - http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_download.html

TMPGEnc DVD Author - http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tda.html

Comment

• SweetiePie
      • Aug 2003

@ ellisjersey92

could you load the mpeg file into virtualdubMOD and click on File then click on File information and post a screengrab of all of the video and audio information?

you don't have to do anything related to the avi that jmet said because you got an mpeg file

can you play your mpeg?

Comment

• ellisjersey92
        • Jul 2005

yes i can play it...can u explain virtualdubMOD a little more...i wasnt really successful with the other program from the first reply

Comment

• tigerman8u
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Aug 2003

you can use avicodec or Gspot (both free) to identify the info of your file. If thee mpeg is not dvd compliant then you have to continue as "jmet" stated. Their are some other things such as the header trick etc that puts dvd compliant information into the header of an mpeg to make it appear as a compliant dvd mpeg 1/2.

Comment

• ellisjersey92
            • Jul 2005

thanks guys...after trying what u guys said and realizing i had no idea how to do this stuff, i downloaded divxtodvd from download.com. it didnt have any problem with the screen size and it even burned the cd for me so i didnt have to use the files with another program. i recommend this program to anyone.

Comment

• tigerman8u
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Aug 2003

glad to see you solved your problem. experimentation is often the road to success

Comment

Working...