X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philvin
    • Aug 2005

Audio Playback Problems with Pinnacle Studio 8.12

Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone with experience using Pinnacle editing software could help me out.

Whenever I load a video file onto Pinnacle, it says that "Pinnacle Studio cannot initialize audio playback. The audio subsystem may be in use by another application."

This means that while the audio is there, it can't be heard on the software and theres really no way to edit something when you can't hear the audio.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • k4kjf
    • Aug 2005

Is the audio Dolby Digital AC3? If so a license is involved. I had the same problem with free trial version 9.3.9 and CD-ROM based ver 9.4. Then when I applied the 9.4.3 update patch and restarted, I was prompted through the application for one more activation which during the process was identified as for "Dolby 2 channel". After I finished that and rebooted, I could import DVD VOB files and the audio was present!

Ken

Comment

• wizkidweb
      • Jan 2007

I had this exact problem, but I'm not using a DVD VOB format. I converted the video from a .MOV file to a .MPG, but it plays perfectly in Windows Media Player. When I imported it into Pinnacle, it imported the video perfectly, but that same error appeared. What other programs could be using the audio subsystem? I had no other programs on the taskbar.

Comment

Working...