Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DVDwizard
    • Jan 2005

How to make smooth transitions?

I realize that I may not be using the best editing software for this job but ... I'm curious if anyone else is doing this and is able to produce a nice smooth completed DVD. I currently record a 40 min TV show that I want to edit the commercials out of. I'm trying to do this without decoding into MPG or AVI and keeping everything in the orginal VOB formats. Here's my method:

1. Extracted the entire episode stream using DVD Decryper.
    2. Created IFO using IFOedit.
    3. Re-authored, eliminating commercials using DVD shrink. (creates 4 VOBs)
    (I Burned these to DVD but get a studder at each VOB transition ... so)
    4. Combined 4 VOBs into 1 with VOBedit.
    5. Created single IFO using IFOedit.
    (Burned these to DVD but still get a studder just after each VOB transition)

Is anyone aware of a technique to eliminate this studder short of decoding into MPG or AVI and using a full blown editing package. I do have one but the time it takes to translate to MPG, Edit, and then Re-Render back to VOB takes forever.
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

DVD Shrink isn't really designed for that as when you eliminate parts of the DVD, it creates a new title and that is why you gest stutters/slight pause.

The best way is to use TMPGEnc DVD Author (TDA). This can read the DVD you made and edit out anything you want. You can even add chapters and create a menu.

What I do is use TDA to read the DVD and create a lossless MPEG file. I then put it into MPEG Video Wizard and edit out the bits I want. This software is frame accurate and TDA is not and will leave about 12 frames behind. The software will then create a new MPEG which is lossless except for a few frames around the edited out bits.

I then import the MPEG back into TDA and create the DVD.

TMPGEnc DVD Author Trial
    TMPGEnc,DVD Author,tmpg,mpg,mpeg,encoder,TMPG,tmpgenc,Pegasys,TSUNAMI,authoring,digital,video,DVD-Video,AVI,converter,convert,movie,movies

MPEG Video Wizard

BTW, a VOB is just a container file for MPEG video and its associated audio, subtitles etc.

Comment

Working...