Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • turet
    • Dec 2003

Settings/File Size in TMPGEnc 3.0 Express

I gave up on capturing with Nero. Finally captured in VS7, making an avi, then used 3.0 Express to encode to Mpeg, using the default settings. Thing is, the file size is large. At this rate I would only get about an hour of programming on a DVD. I see that I can limit the bitrate to 8000 and I can switch to 8-bit. What settings should I be using to get about 1 hour 40 mins, with AC-3 audio, without having to shrink? Thanks!
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

you don't have to worry about the time, all you should adjust is the video bitrate. i like to set mine so it's at about 97% of disc capacity(you can see this on the blue bar at bottom of screen in tmpgenc if using the wizard). for a file that long to fit on a dvd, tmpgenc will have to apply some compression, i'll guess here about 5300 should be the value for that file to pretty much fill that disc--which is quite good.
    Last edited by LT. Columbo; 18 Sep 2005, 01:14 AM.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• turet
      • Dec 2003

Thanks! I'd forgotten that 3.0 would compress automatically. I'll try a movie-length project later and give it a whirl.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

ok let us know, that is the only setting you need to adjust to make it fit
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

Working...