Strange thing, GOP timing of demultiplexed Mpeg stream doesn't start at 0:00:00

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • apfraats
    Red dotted member, Oh boy this isn't ok...
    • Oct 2004

Strange thing, GOP timing of demultiplexed Mpeg stream doesn't start at 0:00:00

I have had a disc wth Sonys AccROS protection and ripped it succesfully (DVD-DECRYTOR did it this time).

In the particiculair VTS_SET I removed the blocks/cells with DVD-REMAKE-PRO at the beginning containing just dummy data. They where logically skipped, but some tools have problems seeing these dummy sectors, so I removed them with DVD-REMAKE PRO.

After that I noticed some strange thing in DVD-LAB-PRO.

I iimported the VOB demultiplexing audio and video.

When I did A preview of the MPEG stream DVD-LAB-PRO was starting with a GOP-time that was NOT zero. If you play back the DVD after the blocks were removed with REMAKE-PRO, the title just nicely starts at 0:00:00.

So it looks like GOP times given in the preview of DVD-LAB have other timing properties. Because I deleted the first cells, the preview started with a gop-timing of 0:01:15.....

But when I play back the DVD with POWER-DVD there seems to be nothing wrong. The correct timing is given, starting at 0:00:00 and the total title duration is also ok. Even playing back the DVD on a stand-alone players causes no problems.

I only wonder why the GOP-TIMING after demultiplexing the VOBS concerning the title, the resulting MPEG stream starts with a GOP time of 0:01:15...

What can I do about this ?

Can anyone explain the difference. I always thought DVD-REMAKE-PRO keeps the timing intact even if you hide (so remove) cells and/or chapters.

But when playing DVD as DVD the title starts correctly at 0:00:00, but after demux in DVD-LAB the GOP time start at 0:01:15 ?????

Can anybod explain this to me ?

Is there a lower level timing mechanism in Mpeg-streams ?

And how can I correct such a VOB or demuxed MPEG stream so the first GOP alsways starts with 0:00:00 ??

Thanks already for any answer or hint or explanation on this.

The problem finally is that SUBTITLING is not in Sync anymore, using SUB RIP and writing correct BMP files and export as SON file.

I can manually adjust the whole subtitle timing, but I rather want a nice MPEG stream with a GOP timing that begins at 0:00:00 and not 0:01:15.

Also at DVD-level there seems to be nothing wrong with the track timing...

Please help !
    And then there was Blue Ray........ Nothing to backup anymore......
  • blutach
    Not a god of digital video
    • Oct 2004

Leave the dummys in. After DVD Decrypter is through with the rip there is always a cell command after cell 1 is played which is jump to cell # which is the actual movie.

If you delete all the dummies at the stat, your chapters can get wrecked too.

Subrip's times have been known to be off.

Those dummies hurt no-one as they are never played.

As for your timing problems, you may have a problem with the Time Map table. A mock strip will probably help.

Anyway, if you have a prob with DVDRMP, ask Dimad. As you know, he is very active at doom9.

Regards
    Last edited by blutach; 20 Sep 2005, 11:07 PM.
    Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
    [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• apfraats
      Red dotted member, Oh boy this isn't ok...
      • Oct 2004

If I understand correctly and NOT !

The problem with SUB RIP is general. So you have to hussle that one out.

The cells that are dummies I always remove with DVDREMAKE-PRO.
      It automatically asdjust all other things related (al least above version 3).

If I leave the dummy cells in, they are logically not a problem, but when I use DVD-REBUILDER all cells are inspected and handled, so the dummies are too. Leaving them in causes problems for DVD-RB. It's going to extract sudden stills and making silly encoding passes etcetera. That's because there is crap in the dummy cells and DVD-RB cannot know that, as it's really doens't anayze the complete internal logical structure of a DVD (that would be a hell of a job...., you have to emulate DVD player behaviour and all possible paths and options, much too complex).

If SUB RIP is ofter wrong by about one minute or so, I take that as a know know, and the problems will not be cause by that.

However, on the disc with the ACrrOS protection I removed all leading cells that were of nu use, so the first playable cell came the first cell in the VTS PGC. But dispite that when I use preview of DVDLAB it stops write after cell 1. All cells are normal, and if I play the DVD files itself with powerDVD all is ok, even a copy on DVD plays well on standalone players.

Then there is the real funny GOP time-count in DLP.

I tested a normal standard disc a the MPEG2 stream begins with a GOP time of 10:06:15:00 ???????

What is this GOP TIME you see in preview saying ???

To me it is of nu use. Looks like it has a random starting time, thatn has nothing to do with the real title time.

Help Help please.
      And then there was Blue Ray........ Nothing to backup anymore......

Comment

Working...