how to combine 2 audio-streams from 2 different dvds?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oluv
    • Sep 2003

how to combine 2 audio-streams from 2 different dvds?

i have 2 dvds with the same movie in english and in german and i want to create a single dvd with both languages, hoping that they will stay in sync.
    i thought the easiest way would be to demux one of the audio-streams from one dvd and then mux it into the other dvd. as i am a total newbie regarding encoding, i tried to use the tools i already know.
    so first i used dvd-decrypter to demux the first audio-stream and to decrypt the whole movie including the other language.
    i thought i could load the movie into virtualdubmod, and then add the other audio-stream. but as soon as i try to load the movie, virtualdubmod loads only one single vob, not all of them, although "automatically load linked segments" is active.
    i want to process the whole movie at once, to be able to add the whole audio-track at once. is there some trick how to achieve this?
    when muxed together i thought to save everything to avi and then load it to TMPGEnc and make a DVD out of it again.
    is this workflow more or less ok?

another problem i have to deal with is the following: the english movie is NTSC and the german one is PAL, so the NTSC movie has a duration of 1:35.37 wheras the PAL version is 1:35.52.
    i thought i could timestretch the german stream to match the length of the NTSC-version. would this work? which other ways do i have to get both streams in sync.

thanks for any help!

best regards, ol.
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

I've learn so many things from blutach and and from so many geniuses in this forum such as using PcgDemux for demuxing (seperating) audio and video and Muxman for remuxing (combining) audio and video again. One of the of the best features the Muxman offer is combining a video file with up to 4 audio files. For audio sync problem, I use the Time Warp in GoldWave to slow down or speed up when converting from PAL to NTSC. Hope this can lend you a hand

Regards

Comment

• oluv
      • Sep 2003

thanks for your help. but i am still having problems.
      i actually tried to demux everything with the suggested pcgdemux, but the end is always cut off. the demuxed video-file from pcgdemux is shorter than the original vob file, so is the demuxed ac3-file.
      well, i will try it again, but at the same time i tried to convert the other ac3 file from pal to ntsc with besweet, it seems to be the right tool for this. the funny thing after converting the resulting ac3 file is also cut off at the end. more than 15 minutes are missing and i have no idea why...

Comment

• benbryant
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Aug 2005

I forgot to mention that with PgcDemux, you should select all three: demux video streams, demux all audio streams, and demux all subpic streams

Regards

Comment

Working...