Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coolchange
    • Nov 2005

Quality of DTV converted to DVD

I have tried to convert SDTV to DVD using a number of methods (Tmpgenc/Tmpgenc dvd author; WinDVD Creater; ProjectX/VirtualDub). Whenever done successfully, I still end up with a DVD whose quality is noticeably inferior to the original copy on my hard disk. Mostly, it is the colours that are much brighter and artifical. The resolution is also worse, but this would be less of an issue if the colours were better. In terms of resolution, my encoding rate has always beeen above 3500, but is typically above 5000 (I have been experienting with only 10mins of DTV, so I have been encoding at the highest possible rate).

Is this to be expected, or should I be doing something to correct for this.
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

SDTV (definitely in australia ) streams are already dvd compliant.

just load the stream into tmpgenc dvd author, then burn with nero, there will be no quality loss, and neither video or audio will be touched. it is like a straight 1:1 copy, infact, tmpgenc dvd author cannot encode video at all.

here's a short guide to burning the 'vob, ifo and bup' files outputted by tmpgenc dvd author http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/arch..._with_nero.cfm
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...