Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onerose
    • Nov 2001

this one is for setarip (help)

yo dude i'm confuesd i just found someone selling dvd-r movies i have not been able to get any movies to work on dvd-r on multiable players but this one works also they took a 115 minute movie and got the full thing on disk right around 2gigs (how). i can't get anything in under 4.9 gigs not that i want to sell movies i just want to get it to work for me (i,m a computor tech with a bug up my ass to make this thing work)

i use a more than fast enought putor
    a03 dvd-r / verbatim blanks(dvd-r)
    prassi & nero to burn
    dvd-it pro and pinnacle impression dvd to author
    sony settop dvd 1 1/2yr old
    help
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

I can only surmise that these pirate DVDs have all alternate language audio and subtitles stripped out, as well as any menu animation, and any "padding" that might exist in the legitimate version of the DVD.

I'm personally curious to know, do these DVD-Rs have full blown menus, or are they possibly merely fancified SVCDs?

Comment

• onerose
      • Nov 2001

the movie is just that the movie only, the menu is made by an outside program very basic, but it in a .vob format how can you convert from svcd and make it work on dvd,r(in mp2 mpg or what ever works for vcd & svcd format)if you like e-mail me with a good time for you i'll upload it on morpheus for you to examin it

Comment

• Ndb
        • Mar 2002

Just Rip the movie to HDD then stick the vob's through Flask using BBmpeg and author the newly made MPEG2 with DVDiT or MyDVD making your own menu's, chapters etc.

Then burn to DVD-R

115mins is nought, just burnt Lord of the Rings (not cartoon) at over 170mins with room to spare

Comment

• onerose
          • Nov 2001

what was the file size,(ndb) i was told to try movie maker and compress??????? has anyone tryed this and got the file to play on all dvd players somebody got collateral damage under 2.5 gig's the hole movie and not a svcd.hummmm

Comment

• Ndb
            • Mar 2002

The total VIDEO_TS folder size (with menus and menu audio i.e. wave files) was 3.61GB in proper 720(704) DVD res using 3200 kbps CBR. I can't remember what it was before I stuck it through DVDiT and added menus etc

That was using TMPGenc as the movie was already in 640x272 avi format

I have not tried compressing with movie maker (or what have you) and doubt I will, so can't comment.

A faster and sometimes cleaner method than Flask is to fileserve via DVD2AVI to TMPGenc. I use CladDVD XP to rip and fileserve in one go, as it has DVD2AVI built in. http://clonead.cjb.net/ has CladDVD XP and a guide for VCD, just choose a DVD template instead.

Comment

Working...