Lost preview ability after editing MPEG - Why?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr.G
    • Jan 2006

Lost preview ability after editing MPEG - Why?

Hi Folks,

I have nearly finished converting my old 8mm home videos to MPEG. I am using a Plextor capture box and Nero Vision. I save the captured videos in SP DVD format (standard default setting in Nero Vision).

I want to split up the captured videos and remove some garbage. I tried using TMPEGenc Mpeg Editor and it appears to work somewhat OK but I have an annoying problem with it and before I dedicate 100's of hours to this editing project, I would like to get better results.

Here is my problem:
    When I simply replay the video in Windows Media Player right after capture, I can drag the progress bar back and forth and quickly look at different sections of the captured video. This is very helpful when I am trying to see what was on the video. However, if I edit the video to cut out some unwanted frames, I can no longer preview the video correctly in Windows Media Player. It plays OK but if I want to advance to somewhere else (the middle say), I can only see the last frame in the player that was displayed just prior to me trying to advance to a different section. I thought this might be a Key Frame problem but TMPEGenc MPEG Editor is supposedly inserting those for me.

Has anyone got any ideas about how I can edit MPEGs and still have the ability to quickly scan through the file in Windows Media Player afterwards?

If this problem has already been addressed then I apologize for the repeated post. I have spent an hour or so this morning browsing through the forums and although that didn't solve my problem, it gave me quite an education! I can see that I am going to be here for awhile

Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Dr.G
Working...