Need help with choosing Authoring Software.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feliperal
    • Apr 2002

Need help with choosing Authoring Software.

I need some help choosing a few good Authoring programs. I recently bought the Pioneer A04 drive. I was quite dissapointed in the DVD mastering software. I would like a program that I could edit some of the .vob files that I extracted with DVD Decryptor, so that I could cut out a few minutes of needless credits and previews. Also, I need a good mastering program to creat professional looking DVDs. I was considering Reel DVD and Sonic DVD IT PE. If you guys have any suggestions or comments, please let me know.
  • djdrock
    • Apr 2002

I am using Gear Pro and have not had any problems with my Panasonic ld-d311 (yet.) I can not imagine a dvd-r program being any easier than this!

Comment

• Ndb
      • Mar 2002

I use DVDiT 2.5 PE. It's just like using a word processor, plus supports AVI, QuickTime, MP3 etc (very fast transcoding engine)

You just feed it your DivX rips (or Quicktime, Mpeg 1 & 2 or what ever else) and it encodes it then burns it. It also encodes to Dolby Digital and not just PCM which helps keep the size down.

It automatically encodes the video to fit your media too

Comment

• Deepa DVD
        SuperDuperDVD Productions
        • Mar 2002

I have used DVDit PE and it is a bit*h! You cannot create a first play (use more than 1 file) unless sacrificing time display.Still Menus .It's a good program at consumer-level-but if you wanna get into pro.You need Scenarist or Maestero. I am still LEARNING Scenarist.(read the mannual couple of times)

Comment

• alfa1234
          • Apr 2002

Re: Need help with choosing Authoring Software.

Originally posted by feliperal
          I need some help choosing a few good Authoring programs. I recently bought the Pioneer A04 drive. I was quite dissapointed in the DVD mastering software. I would like a program that I could edit some of the .vob files that I extracted with DVD Decryptor, so that I could cut out a few minutes of needless credits and previews. Also, I need a good mastering program to creat professional looking DVDs. I was considering Reel DVD and Sonic DVD IT PE. If you guys have any suggestions or comments, please let me know.
          1.If you are copying a dvd and want to split it to fit 4.7 G disks, go for IFOEDIT.
          2. If you want to author self made MPEG 2's compliant for DVD authoring and burning, go for SPRUCE.SIMPLE and UNBEATABLE.
          Good luck.

Comment

Working...