Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greg4217
    • Jan 2006

Editing Home Movie DVDs

I did a bunch of VCR to Disc burning of home videos last year. I didn't do any editing at the time. Now I'm wanting to know if it is possible to download the files on these DVDs into a software program where they can be edited with chapters and titles added and then burned onto another DVD-R disc. The files are IFO, VOB & BUP on the DVDs. The various software I have, Click to DVD, WinDVD Creator 2 doesn't seem to have the capability of doing this. If there was some way of using Click to DVD, I'd love to know. Thanks for any suggestions.
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

Hi Greg4217,

One thing we usually try to avoid if possible: re-encoding the video again and again because we'll definitely degrade its quality. There is a software called MPEG Video Wizard which you can use to edit, cut, merge, add title, chapters, transitions, music, and more...directly to the .mpg files without the need of re-encoding. Therefore, no quality reduction to worry. The only drawback with this software that you have to use a DVD author program to author your movie again. Also the price tag of $99.00 seems king of high too

Regards

Comment

Working...