from film only mode to full dvd mode, how?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tormento
    • Feb 2006

from film only mode to full dvd mode, how?

This is my first post, please be kind.

I found an old hard disk with a lot of dvd rip in film only mode. I used them to make xvid some years ago.

Now that dvd+r are cheaper, I'd like to rebuild a dvd structure from them, thus making possible to shrink them and burn to an autoplaying dvd.

Can you please tell me IF and HOW is it possible, in a simple way...
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

this way is one method (encode, author)

also see avi2dvd for freeware.

finally do you by chance have a standalone player that supports divx? you may not need to do much of any converting....
    Last edited by LT. Columbo; 23 Feb 2006, 01:37 AM.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• tormento
      • Feb 2006

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
      this way is one method (encode, author)
      Basic TMPGEnc .avi/.mpg to DVD conversion guide NOTE: At the end of this guide there is a printer friendly zipped .pdf document Credit: photo angel2004 This is a very basic guide intended to help those new to encoding. This guide will work for various file types; DIVX & XVID compressed AVI’s, MPG/WMV/MOV formats. In

also see avi2dvd for freeware.

finally do you by chance have a standalone player that supports divx? you may not need to do much of any converting....
      Perhaps my english is not very good, sorry..

I need to rebuild a dvd from the ifo only structure (no TS file at all), created from a dvdrip with dvddecrypter in film only mode, not from a xvid avi file!

Comment

• r0lZ
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Mar 2004

You can create a new DVD with PgcEdit (File -> New DVD). It will create the VIDEO_TS.IFO and BUP files. Then use the File -> Import VTST Titles function to import your original VTS_XX_0.IFO, and select the option to copy or move the original VOB files.

You can also use DVD Shrink in reauthor mode, and browse to your original files to import them, and regenerate a new compilation. It's slower than the PgcEdit method, though, because you will have to copy the VOB files again.

IfoEdit has also an option "Create IFOs" to rebuild all IFO files. But since you have the original VTS IFOs, it's not the best solution.
        r0lZ
        PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
        Unofficial mirror (in Poland)

Comment

Working...