• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrE_H
    Head of Sanitation
    • Apr 2003

Batch MPEG Demuxing

Hi Guys,

Apologies if this is not the correct place to post this.

I am looking for an application that can batch demux mpeg files into the video/audio components. I have lots of these small files to do and don't really want to do them one at a time.

Thanks in advance

Mr E
    A pub - ahh yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence, by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks.
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

Hi MrE_H,

I haven't known any tool to demux in batch mode. I only encode using the batch encode in TMPGEnc Plus with element stream (video+audio) you can easily perform this task to be sure that all my mpeg files are totally compatible to each other before creating DVD

Regards
    Last edited by benbryant; 28 Mar 2006, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• MrE_H
      Head of Sanitation
      • Apr 2003

Hi benbryant,

When I encode I always do 2 streams but these are existing mpeg files and DVD Lab Pro will demux them as I add them but I have about 50 of them and just wanted a way to not have to click yes 50 times

Thanks

Mr E
      A pub - ahh yes. A meeting place where people attempt to achieve advanced states of mental incompetence, by the repeated consumption of fermented vegetable drinks.

Comment

• benbryant
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Aug 2005

Since you have DVD-lab Pro, you can easily demux all your .mpg files with that wonderful tool:

1- Put all your .mpg files into one folder

2- Open DVD-lab Pro and press Import Files. When the Import Assets dialog opens, you just use your mouse pointer to click and drag to select all the .mpg files. Make sure they all high-lighted. Click Open when done

3- When the MPEG System File dialog opens up, please click and change from "Always Ask" to "Demultiplex without asking" at "What to do next time you load such file". This allows DVD-lab Pro demuxing all your .mpg files into the same folder without asking again and again as you mentioned above

Regards
        Last edited by benbryant; 29 Mar 2006, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• MrE_H
          Head of Sanitation
          • Apr 2003

Hi benbryant,

Thanks for the reply - I think DVD Lab is superb, but the problem is that the mpeg videos all have 44.1khz audio and DVD Lab wants to transcode them all.

I managed to find a little command line app called mpgtx which seems to work really well, and amazingly fast. I will set a little batch file to run them all and then use Besweet to convert the audio to ac3.

Thanks for your help guys.

Mr E

Comment

Working...