• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonic_emperor
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Mar 2003

TMPGenc vs AVI2DVD

which is better to use when converting divx/xvid *.avi into dvd?i noticed avi2dvd uses HCEncoder,i used in dvdRB and it did a good job,but as i know nothing about TMPGEnc,i wanted to ask.

if this is another of those things where it comes to the personal choice,please vote in the poll
    TMPGEnc
    0%
    AVI2DVD
    0%
    cro-anthem-video
  • ed klein
    Banned
    • Mar 2004

I have used both, HC017 encoder and TMPGEnc Plus, I used the D2V video file as input for both of them. To me, the video quality was almost the same, they both had an output file M2V compressed to approximately 4.7gb.

I believe the TMPGEnc Plus gives you more options like frame clip, and audio adjustments like fade in and fade out then HC017, but both output at the Mpeg 2 level. You should test both of them and see which one gives you the best video quality for the DVD you are building.

Comment

• sonic_emperor
      Digital Video Expert
      Digital Video Expert
      • Mar 2003

just wanted to ask,i didnt see any subtitle "tools"(adding subtitles option) in TMPGEnc,am i missing something?
      cro-anthem-video

Comment

• megamachine
        Video Fiddler
        • Mar 2003

To add subtitles, you have to frameserve from AVISynth or VirtualDub. I did that last week, with advice from able forumers. Search the forums for that.

Comment

• futurex
          Outlaw Ridah
          • Mar 2005

Talk about general digital video topics not part of the categories/forums below
          Futurex

Comment

• ed klein
            Banned
            • Mar 2004

TMPGEnc Plus only outputs M2V video file and the old MP2 audio file. If you want subtitles you can use Vob Edit to create, you can also create the AC-3 audio file with Vob Edit.

IFO edit can be used to author the video, audio, subtitle, and chapters and then burn.

Comment

• sonic_emperor
              Digital Video Expert
              Digital Video Expert
              • Mar 2003

i have another problem with subtitles when using avi2dvd,although i set character set to ISO8859-2 - croatian,serbian etc,when i create dvd,on the places where i had signs likeš - "č","ć","đ","š" etc-i get - "_"
              cro-anthem-video

Comment

Working...