Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • great23ss
    • Apr 2006

mp4 movie file with subs and want to burn on dvd

i have a pokemon mp4 movie file and it has english subs. but i can get it to play with subs in vlc. im new to this subtitle stuff. i think it has somtin to do wit fansub? but anyways i want to burn the movie on DVD and i dont know how to get the subs permanently on the movie. cuz i used convertxdvd to put on dvd, hoping it would have the subs on it but it didnt. so plz help.
  • megamachine
    Video Fiddler
    • Mar 2003

Fan subs are those prepared by fans of the genre, but which are not officially released. Some media players read the subs, and no need to combine them, if you just want to watch on your PC. Many DVD players these days read MP4, mayber yours does. If so, just burn the AVI and subs, with the same file name (except extensions). Otherwise, you have to convert the AVI, with subs, to a standard DVD, which I guess is what you are asking here. I have not tried it, but several people here have recommended AVI2DVD for that. Search the forum and see if it that helps. I have recently learned how to frameserve files with subtitles, so maybe you want to try doing that. Here's the link to that thread. I did it with RealMedia, but you can convert anything your encoder handles. Still, check out AVI2DVD first, as it might be easier, but I'm not not sure if it accepts external subs. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by megamachine; 8 Apr 2006, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Working...