Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nooneyouknow
    • Jun 2005

winDV help

Seems like a simple program. I've got it working before but recently it's been acting up.

I can't get it to run continuously to the end of the tape. It'll get part-way through then stop capturing.

I've changed the settings so that it doesn't create separate clips and set the MAX AVI size to sufficient settings and it still stops.

btw - it's a 30minute clip and it stops at about the 20 minute mark.

I also tried using Windows Movie Maker to capture it as well to DV-AVI and that program also stops capturing at one point, this time even earlier than winDV.

Any ideas on what's going on? maybe program conflicts?
  • Pricey
    • Apr 2006

You may want to look at your HDD formatting instead of WinDV. I had the same problem - capturing stopped at the 19 min mark. Since not a lot of other people reported issues with WinDV, I investigated my HDD (Maxtor 300GB). As I'm still using Win98SE as my OS, the HDD format used is FAT32, which has a file size limitation of 4GB (you can check your own HDD specs or Microsoft's site). This corresponds to the file size when my video file capturing stops. I haven't re-formatted my HDD yet so I can't prove that this is the cause of my, or your, problem but I suspect that it is. Certainly it's consistent with other capture devices stopping early.

Comment

Working...