• Show
Clear All
  • hello people
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Apr 2005

Intervideo WinDVD Creator 2.0

Hi,

I have been using this app on and off for a year. In authoring a DVD the program stalls and crashes everytime I opt to use my own DVD menu picture from my C:/.(Rather than one of the program's default ones) It has only been doing this recently. Previously it worked fine.

The only thing different is that I recently updated Windows. But I don't really see how that could cause WinDVD 2.0 to crash, when previously it has worked flawlessly.

It stalls and crashes everytime I try to use my own picture rather than one of the defaults.

I'm stumped. Can anyone help please?

thanks if you can

ps...because my app seems to be buggered I have been looking at other alternatives...but most seem to be very convoluted as far as I am concerned
    music
  • sonic_emperor
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Mar 2003

have you tryed reinstalling windvd creator,if you updated your windows,meay be that there are some new files/settings/reg,and if you reinstall it the program will collect all the changes...simply said...
    just try to reinstall it,my english is not good enought to explain what im thinking
    cro-anthem-video

Comment

• hello people
      Gold Member
      Gold Member
      • Apr 2005

Hey thanks Sonic...I appresiate your suggestion, but I have reinstalled it several times. It's really quite puzzling!
      music

Comment

• sonic_emperor
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Mar 2003

what do you exactly use this software for,i own it too,but never found a purpose for it...

update...may be its something wrong with the source files?
        tried another dvd?
        cro-anthem-video

Comment

• hello people
          Gold Member
          Gold Member
          • Apr 2005

I use it to burn Counter Strike movies (mpegs) to DVD....well that's what I want to use. I have also used it to burn Camcorder captures to DVD.

I haven't used it for a fair few months. Then recently I decided to burn some Counter Strike movies (CS is a computer game)...but the program crashes at the "add menu" section when I choose to select a menu image from my photos on my hard drive.

Everything else works perfectly. I have successfully burnt 2 DVD's using the (boring) default menu images.

What I would really love to do is use my own images. It would be a lot cooler.

I just can't work out what's wrong!
          music

Comment

• sonic_emperor
            Digital Video Expert
            Digital Video Expert
            • Mar 2003

have you tried tmpgenc?
            cro-anthem-video

Comment

• hello people
              Gold Member
              Gold Member
              • Apr 2005

Yeah, I downloaded a trial...but it seemed very, very difficult to use. WinDVD really is a simple app.

How highly do you rate TMPGENC for carrying out my requirements?

ps...also some of my files that I would like to burn are in avi format. It seems Tmpgenc won't reencode into mpeg
              Last edited by hello people; 1 May 2006, 09:55 PM.
              music

Comment

• sonic_emperor
                Digital Video Expert
                Digital Video Expert
                • Mar 2003

actuali its not,you should make mpgs using tmpgencoder,and set up your dvd using tmpgenc dvd author
                cro-anthem-video

Comment

• hello people
                  Gold Member
                  Gold Member
                  • Apr 2005

tmpegenconer doesn't seem to recognise avi files
                  music

Comment

• FrankC
                    • May 2005

I use WinDVD Creator for capturing and editing but use DVDLab for menus it;s far better, very easy to use and allows some really cool tricks like moving thumbnails etc. You can download a free trial from their web site, it's well worth a try.
                    Part of my DVD collection
                    http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcoll...aspx/frankcass

Comment

• hello people
                      Gold Member
                      Gold Member
                      • Apr 2005

I'll give it a look....so what, do you use both apps to create one project somehow?
                      music

Comment

• FrankC
                        • May 2005

Yes, I capture my video, edit, add stills, tarnsistions, music etc then, under TOOLS 'Output to file' creating and MPEG2. then I import this to DVDLab make my menu then output to DVD, simple. It's very effective and there are lots of tricks you can do, DVDLab Pro is even better. I like motion menus, it's easy to do and a great effect.

Comment

• hello people
                          Gold Member
                          Gold Member
                          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by FrankC
                          Yes, I capture my video, edit, add stills, tarnsistions, music etc then, under TOOLS 'Output to file' creating and MPEG2. then I import this to DVDLab make my menu then output to DVD, simple. It's very effective and there are lots of tricks you can do, DVDLab Pro is even better. I like motion menus, it's easy to do and a great effect.
                          You capture, edit, do stills, transitions and music then output to file creating the mpeg2 with WinDVD?
                          music

Comment

• FrankC
                            • May 2005

Yes

Comment

• darren_21
                              • Apr 2006

I don't claim to know a lot of video editing but computers I DO know!

The recent update you applied, did it happen to be service pack 2? If so, this can cause different problems with different programs with seemingly no explanation. Service pack 2, imo, needs to be installed after a format/reinstall of windows. To see if thats the issue you can remove service pack 2 from the Add/Remove section in the Control Panel.

If it was other than service pack 2, you can try system restoring back to before the update to see if that is the issue after all.

Hopefully one of those works for you.

Comment

Working...