• Show
Clear All
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Audio & Video Playbacks Faster

Hi folks,

I have a problem. Ihave been successfully backing up my dvd's with no problem. This is the 1st time I have ever encountered this kind of problem.

When I playback my backed up dvd it plays back as though is in "Fast Forward" mode (I would guess at about 1.5 to 2 times faster) since It is still understandable Audio but it is just like the Actors are Talking and Moving Faster.

I backed up this video as follows: I DVDShrinked it to ISO then burned the ISO using ImgBurn 1.3 ... pretty straight forward and it works everytime ...

Can't figure what is wrong.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    G!
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

playing back on set-top player? does the ISO play ok on pc? (try VLC player)
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• gonwk
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2005

Hi Lt. Columbo,

Thanks for your reply. I forgot to add one more thing to my Original Post ...
      When I play back my Backed-up on my Desktop dvd player it plays back fast. However, when I play back my ISO using the DVDShrink ... the darn movie plays PERFECT ... so, that is what confusing.

What I plan to do is take the above dvd and play it in Home DVD Player ... I have a suspicion it will work just fine!?!?!?

By the way, Lt. Columbo ... I downloaded the VLC program ... but what the heck is it exactly? If I use WinDVD ... would VLC interfere with that or even with my Windows Media Player? I am running Window XP Prof.

Thanks,
      G!.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

it shouldn't interfere. VLC is a freeware media player, google it.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
        (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

mpc can play iso images as well btw
          "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...