Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • insidejob
    • May 2006

Splitting DVD9s to use DVD Shrink

Hello folks, there's a DVD9 that I wanted to split in two, but I wanted to keep the entire movie in the first disc and the extra features in the second. That would be a simple task to accomplish if the entire movie would fit into the first disc. But it doesn't and I don't want to split the movie.

I tried to manually split the DVD9 in 2 folders, just like we would do if we were to split it using IfoEdit. It works perfectly on computer, but as I told you disc1 won't fit into a DVD5 media (and I want to burn it so I can watch in a standalone dvd player).

So, I tried to use DVD Shrink on disc1 but it won't accept it since some VOB files are not present on disc1 (these are the VOB files containing the extra features). What do I have to do so DVD Shrink will recognize my disc1 folder?

PS: Oh btw, I know that I could use DVD Shrink directly on this case, but I really wanted to remove the extra features completely from disc1 (dvd shrink doesn't remove it completely, it just replaces with an image so it can reduce space on disc).
    Last edited by insidejob; 5 Jun 2006, 09:41 AM. Reason: To put a note.
  • geno888
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Dec 2005

Vobblanker should be your choice.

And also DVDRemake Pro

Comment

• insidejob
      • May 2006

Thanks geno888! Vobblanker is a really cool solution. I think Pgcedit can do the same thing too. But I was wondering... isn't there a way to edit the IFO files so we can remove the reference for those extra VOB files that DVD Shrink looks for? I believe that DVD Shrink complains about the missing VOB files because there must be a reference to these somewhere. Is it possible?

Comment

• geno888
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Dec 2005

You're welcome

If you want to manually edit the ifo files you can try IFO Edit.

But in my opinion it's simpler to use dvd remake pro. It can get rid of all unwanted content and create compliant IFOs to fed to dvd shrink for compression.

If I'm not wrong, also vobblanker should be able to do the same thing.

Comment

• insidejob
          • May 2006

I know that it's much simpler that way, but I was curious you know..
          I guess I'll take a deeper look with IfoEdit, but I think it's going to be a little difficult to find these references for the missing files.

Comment

• geno888
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by insidejob
            ...but I was curious you know..
            Yes, I know: I have the same "defect"

Comment

Working...