• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vw56german
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jun 2005

Help with .avi, and mpeg2

I have a 15 minute video from work of a contest we had. I have been asked to take it from tape to video files and split it into 2 parts. I imported the video using Nero's video capture and exported the entire movie as well as the split parts to my hard drive as Mpeg2. The total size is 577Mb and each part is roughly half of that. Not being sure what format is most desirable I decided to also make an .AVI of the video. I exported the movie as .avi and the file size was over 21Gb??? Now I chose the "no compression" option, if I choose a video and audio compressor from the choices available will this decrease the files size? Nero allows me to slect a video and an audio compressor, is there any method to choosing the best one?
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

i use virtualdub with xvid compression.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

xvid & lame mp3 should do it, for convenience you might like to use AutoGK
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...