X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bay_wolf
    Tribal Wolf
    • Feb 2006

Need a program to help increase quality

Is there a program that can increase the quality of an mpeg2 file. Something like PowerDVD CLEV. In the picture I attached the CLEV is on the right. But with PowerDVD it only works when playing the file I need something so that I can save the mpeg2 to make it look like the right side. Hope I explained it clearly enough.

Regards

Picture:

Click to see the difference
    Last edited by Bay_wolf; 8 Sep 2006, 01:07 PM. Reason: Needed to add something.
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

two methods come to mind:

1. if CLEV is (exactly) what you're after guess you could try avisynth directshowsource() and try to get cyberlink's decoder in there. you would ofcourse need to re-encode, DVD Rebuilder or just HCEnc should be able to take care of that.

2. avisynth functions tweak, levels and RGBAdjust. using those three you should be able to get something roughly similar to the right half. again, the video will need to be re-encoded

Based on an entirely new algorithm developed by CyberLink, the second generation of CyberLink's world-renowned video enhancing technology, CyberLink EagleVision, makes images brighter and colors more natural.

CLEV-2 intelligently adjusts a scene's chroma and luminance to enhance image detail. By adapting across movie scenes to deliver superb colors and improved detail CLEV-2 ensures the best possible results for LCD and CRT monitors. CLEV-2 augments a user’s viewing experience and is especially suited for playback of overly dark or bright DVD movies.
    world renowned!?
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• blutach
      Not a god of digital video
      • Oct 2004

In other words, it takes what the director wanted you to see and throws that out the window, substituting its own colours in return.

Cyberlink knows best.

What a loada bullsh1t!!! I never have any of that crap on when using PowerDVD.

Regards
      Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
      [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• Bay_wolf
        Tribal Wolf
        • Feb 2006

Ok one more question is there something to removed the noise like sound. I recorded it from a vhs tape so the vhs has a little background noise on it.

Regards

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

audacity

Comment

• Bay_wolf
            Tribal Wolf
            • Feb 2006

How do I split the Mpeg2 file into a audio and video file or does audacity accept mpeg2 files?
            And can ffdshow do similar stuff and if so how do i use it?

Regards and sorry for so many questions.
            Last edited by Bay_wolf; 11 Sep 2006, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• anonymez
              Super Moderator
              • Mar 2004

How do I split the Mpeg2 file into a audio and video file or does audacity accept mpeg2 files?
              projectX or tmpgenc's mpeg tools

And can ffdshow do similar stuff and if so how do i use it?
              ffdshow has functions that may be useful but it's really meant for post processing. guess you could set it up the way you like and feed through behappy or graphedit. audacity is the better option in your case

Comment

• Bay_wolf
                Tribal Wolf
                • Feb 2006

I was meaning ffdshow for the video enhancement not the audio sorry.

bay_wolf

Comment

• anonymez
                  Super Moderator
                  • Mar 2004

it can do that too

Comment

• Bay_wolf
                    Tribal Wolf
                    • Feb 2006

do you know of any guides that might help me or can ffdshow work with avisynth.

bay_wolf

Comment

• anonymez
                      Super Moderator
                      • Mar 2004

no.

but if you have basic knowledge of how avisynth works you should be able to figure it out. hint: set ffdshow to decode raw video in codec config (or set to mpeg2) and play around with post processing, sharpening, blur & nr, etc. then

Code:
                      directshowsource("C:\path\file.mpg")
                      IMHO much better off sticking with avisynth plugins/functions though

http://www.avisynth.org has plenty of documentation

Comment

Working...